Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Volkswagen 1.6i strange problem - Fixed

More
7 years 1 month ago #6520 by Ben
Good to hear it's not nightmaring you any longer too bad we couldn't get it 100% straightened out but I guess sometimes you just don't have the time oh well on to the next one!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #6523 by Ash03
Lol yeah man.. i will have a vw t4 transporter to work on soon.. wiring in a mess and I dont think I have seen a vehicle with that much wiring lol.. I can already tell its going to give me a hard time

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

More
7 years 1 month ago #6772 by Ash03
Hey guys.. I have encountered another problem with another MP9 engine and i have a question, thought I would ask here instead of posting a new thread since its the same system. The problem now was with the "known good" car that belongs to my friend which I ran a few tests on when I was trying to figure out my issue on the troublesome car..

My friend removed the gearbox to change the clutch in his car, when he put everything back on the car did not want to start, it would run with a starter fluid though..

So i went over to his place and had a look, the only thing it was missing, was injector pulse. It had +12v to the injectors, spark, 5v ref, good grounds etc.. no blown fuses either (fuse box built into the dash). The next day, just a coincidence he found 2 maxi fuses hidden next to the battery behind the headlight, they are of high amperage, one was 40A not sure of the other.. he removed the fuse, sand papered the terminals and put it back and the car started up.

How does a fuse control the ground side switched ignition pulse? The wiring diagram i have which i posted here in 1 of the earlier posts, shows the injector ground wires go directly to the ecu. How does the fuse come into the picture..?

More
7 years 1 month ago #6773 by Ben
Hey ash it doesn't directly however it can indirectly by supplying power to something like the ignition switch that sounds power to the ecu or something along those lines

More
7 years 1 month ago #6774 by Ash03
Yeah possibly.. though I could successfully have my first electrical fix but it slapped me right in the face.. lol

More
7 years 1 month ago #6776 by Ben
Lol hang in there you'll get em just keep at it

More
7 years 1 month ago #6782 by Ash03
Haha yeah thanks man

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8523 by Ash03
Just got feedback from this customer, I referred him to one of the best auto electricians in my province/state.

They repaired the vehicle, problem came back 2 days later. (I dont know what work they have done)
They tried all they could and could not permanently fix the issue.

The vehicle is coming back to me this week, and I honestly have no clue on what could possibly be wrong..

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8528 by Ben
What exactly is it doing?

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8529 by Ben
And find out what they done to it

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8535 by Ash03
Il go through it again and post the problem when it comes to me

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8543 by Ben
Ok be sure to talk to other shop to see exactly where they were at on it and what was replaced as I recall the customer didn't speak English well

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8607 by Ash03
Yeah, so I have the car back now.. the guy at the other shop does not want to tell me any more than "we just tried 2.0 injectors and it didnt work out".

The problem again:
* the car starts and revs up, but only idles for like 5seconds with the map sensor plugged in. It will drive but jerk continously. Also stalls and backfires when revving up.
* starts, idles, revs up smooth, drives well with the sensor plugged in, but loads of black smoke under acceleration.

I just dont have faith in this ecu.. Im gonna try it on a friends car on friday and see how his car behaves. If u have any other suggestions please let me know

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8614 by Ben
[quote="Ash03"

The problem again:
* the car starts and revs up, but only idles for like 5seconds with the map sensor plugged in. It will drive but jerk continously. Also stalls and backfires when revving up.

* starts, idles, revs up smooth, drives well with the sensor plugged in, but loads of black smoke under acceleration.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk[/quote]

On the 2nd star you mean to say unplugged ?

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8615 by Ash03
Yes sorry.. made a mistake..

* starts, idles, revs up smooth, drives well with the sensor UNPLUGGED, but loads of black smoke under acceleration.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8616 by Ben
Hmm what are your map readings? do you have hand vacuum pump to check map sensor readings?

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8617 by Ash03
The ecu was chipped for a 2.0 tune and ever since I am not able to view map readings via a scantool.. I have to do it the old fashioned dvom way..

I do have a handheld vac pump but the map sensor requires like a 16mm pipe and I dont have an adapter to that size, I will try getting one.

I have tried 3 map sensors though, which 2 of those where brand new and 1 was a known good sensor, made no difference..

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8618 by Ben
Well bummer that's not going to help I wanted to see the ECU readings . I suspect the tuner didn't solve your map circuit when they chiped . it it may be worth trying your ECU in another vehicle and see if it acts the same

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8619 by Ash03
Yeah lol I have that feeling aswell, I will try it on the other vehicle.. Im also curious to open this ecu up and have a look inside it, but I am abit scared of that dodgy idea

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8620 by Ben
Haha yea better wait and make sure it's bad before you open it up and have a look inside !

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds