Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Volkswagen 1.6i strange problem - Fixed

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8621 by Ash03
Yes i will test it first, i saw the tuner open it up infront of me though seems simple

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #9307 by Ash03
Hey guys, at last this car has been fixed!

I just sent the car to the tuner who tuned the ecu for the 2.0 engine, and according to him these were the issues:

1. The overfueling was caused by a non oem map sensor - oem map sensor with a new oem coolant temp sensor fixed that. The car now idles smooth, drives fine - no jerking.
2. The speedometer fault - car does now want to drive with speedo plugged in (electronic speedo) -- tuner says that when an ecu is decoded "A WIRE" has to be cut off for it to work normally.

I dont really know how true this is because when I manually tested the non oem map sensors, they worked fine and as it should. he did replace the mentioned sensors though.. I got a feeling that he did something incorrect in the ecu when he tuned it and fixed the mistake when the car was taken to him, and used oem sensors as an excuse..

But anyway, as long as the car is running fine the owner is happy and I am happier that I dont have that headache any longer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds