Rotkee vs. Pico

More
3 years 2 months ago #46924 by Wightscope
Replied by Wightscope on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
Anyone managed to buy anything from Rotkee ?
I ordered a couple of bits to try them out, Transferwise seems Ok, they sent me an order confirmation but no details on how to pay them. Not making it easy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46932 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic Rotkee vs. Pico

Wightscope wrote: Anyone managed to buy anything from Rotkee ?
I ordered a couple of bits to try them out, Transferwise seems Ok, they sent me an order confirmation but no details on how to pay them. Not making it easy.

I think everyone was waiting for someone else to. lol

More
3 years 2 months ago #46933 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Rotkee vs. Pico

Wightscope wrote: Anyone managed to buy anything from Rotkee ?

I did the same with a scope and a few different attachments. Was kinda hoping for some more guidance on payment. :unsure:

More
3 years 2 months ago #46942 by ivoalaska
Replied by ivoalaska on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
I bought 2x from them, using Transferwise. Transferwise have Rotkee contacts. Delivery time is long (im in Europe, Estonia), but otherwise products are good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wightscope

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46943 by Wightscope
Oh, so when I sign up for Transferwise I just search for Rotkee? I looked in the TW help for something like that but didn't find it. I'll try again... I'm in the UK, there will be no tax to pay but a $10 fee to tell you that grrr...

Nope not having any luck with putting in their email/company. I'll have to wait for them to tell me. Hope they are a bit more organised than they appear!.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Wightscope.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46944 by stevieturbo
Replied by stevieturbo on topic Rotkee vs. Pico

Wightscope wrote: Oh, so when I sign up for Transferwise I just search for Rotkee? I looked in the TW help for something like that but didn't find it. I'll try again... I'm in the UK, there will be no tax to pay but a $10 fee to tell you that grrr...

Nope not having any luck with putting in their email/company. I'll have to wait for them to tell me. Hope they are a bit more organised than they appear!.

I would expect on import we would have both import duty and VAT to pay. I went to sign up to TW, but never followed through with putting in my details yet as they never had any stock anyway.

I presume it works similar to paypal though ? ie. you pay against their email address.

For the Rotkee/MTPro software....I was trying it yesterday, on the channel names, the first channel is some russian symbols. Does anyone know how to change the cannel names ? You'd think that should be easy, as the others have normal names.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46947 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Rotkee vs. Pico

stevieturbo wrote: For the Rotkee/MTPro software....I was trying it yesterday, on the channel names, the first channel is some russian symbols. Does anyone know how to change the cannel names ? You'd think that should be easy, as the others have normal names.

Hold down right mouse and drag across the text to select it. Then you can overwrite it. Can also copy it and paste it into translate if you want.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46948 by stevieturbo
Ahh, good stuff, that was easy after all !

More
3 years 2 months ago #46949 by ivoalaska
In Transferwise put the recipient Yevhen Kurishko (Rotkee owners name), that should work.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46950 by AJeep18
So do I transfer the dollar amount that my bill is and convert it to Ukrainian currency on Transferwise?

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #46951 by ivoalaska
I transfered Euros (cost of equipment+shipping), so i think you just need to transfer the dollar amount.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by ivoalaska.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46952 by AJeep18
ok thanks

More
3 years 2 months ago #46956 by spit64
Replied by spit64 on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
I bought a pressure transducer got no confirmation email because I filled in the wrong email address, mailed Rotkee, and got an email right away and help with payment also. just have to wait now. live in Sweden so let see how long it will take.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46959 by stevieturbo

I see it has 9 BNC's in total, plus an earth stud at the end ? Does the earth stud need connected to vehicle ground in use ?

And 2 pairs of the inputs are marked as "diff"...I've seen the mention of differential inputs before, but don't really follow them.
Does it mean the outer metal part of the BNC isn't actually connected to anything ?

More
3 years 2 months ago #46977 by stevieturbo
Well they've listed it as back in stock, so despite a bit of a struggle with Transferwise I seem to have placed an order.

I couldn't figure out how to locate their details, so just had to send to their email address to request their payment details.

I've ordered most of the items I could for hopefully a decent package of parts.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly !

More
3 years 2 months ago #46978 by Wightscope
Great! I got a link to a document for payment, I'll pm it to you.
They say you must pay in Eur, and gave me the Eur amount. Then TW stung me for a £4 transfer fee as they are not in Europe - which as I just bought a couple of bits to try them out was about 20% of what I sent! Looks like I'll be 50p over the tax limit so about £1 in tax and £8 for the PO to tell me. So going to be about double the actual cost of the items. Ahhh the ease of international trade!
...Whine, moan, complain..:P

More
3 years 2 months ago #46981 by stevieturbo
If royal mail hit you with their handling fee, it could easily double the cost or more. That's always been the case though. Doesn't make any sense for very cheap items. I've just ordered pretty much all of his items bar a few, and some not in stock. Total around £470, which is still pretty cheap.
Likely another £100 when it arrives though with duties.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46982 by Wightscope
The European "no import VAT/handling fee" limit is 22 Eur, bill was 21.5 - win ! ... Then I remembered that we ain't in Europe any more and it's £15 or 18 eur ...booo.
Yep you will have import tax, handling and VAT on top of the lot. Still a lot less than anything else on the market. Will be really interested in it's capabilities.

More
3 years 2 months ago #47020 by stevieturbo
Got an email back from him....seems as you said, a transfer in USD would not work for him. So I had to cancel the first transaction, and re-send so he would receive Euros.

He really does not make it easy ! If he had a more simple approach to selling, I'm sure he could sell a lot of these

More
3 years 1 month ago #47058 by cadman777
Replied by cadman777 on topic Rotkee vs. Pico
Can you tell me if the Rotkee MT software has scripts like in this video?

(around 13:20 & 17:57 minutes)
I still need to learn how accurately to read these graphs!
Got any good YouTube videos that show how to do that?
Thanx...

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds