Hantek DSO3064 / 6074BE Scopes

More
5 years 2 months ago #27112 by SailorBob
I wouldn't recommend it - get the Pico 2204A instead and then just buy cheap Hantek probes off aliexpress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27113 by abdo111
thank u for reply

plaease , i want your advice, which one is better for you if you asked to buy osciloscope hantek 6074b or picoscope 2204a or 2206b ?

thank you very much

More
5 years 2 months ago #27122 by SailorBob
Depends on your budget - the 2204A is the cheapest and if you learn the software well you can do 90% of what you can do with the super expensive scopes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abdo111

More
5 years 2 months ago #27123 by Andy.MacFadyen
I just cranked up the Hantek 6000 software in demo to remind myself how bad it was --- it is truly awful
There is huge difference in price as you go up the Pico range the 2205A is probably a better price/value pont for you.
With non-automotive scopes you will need at least one attenuator to protect the scope.

I am planning on doing more evaluation of the Owon VDS1022i --- the software is really nice and the price is good vfm

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 2 months ago #27365 by abdo111
ok, you prefere both picoscope 2205a and Owon VDS1022i ?

can i use hantek HT 25 auto high-pressure ignition probe , HT 309 attenuator , current clamp for both 2205a and Owon VDS1022i ?

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #27387 by Andy.MacFadyen
I can't give you an easy answer to that..it is few years since I owned a Pico. Picoscope software even the non-automotive version is superb and powerful but expect a learning curve. Owon software is good easy to use I haven't yet explored it fully as the only serious actual work I have used it for was can-crank timing check which it did quite nicely not as detailed as my much faster battery powered Owon SDS7102v but that is a much more expensive and powerful scope . I still have some reservations about the triggering limitations on the VDS1022i but it hasn't been an issue.

What I can say is because oscilloscopes have a standard 1 million ohms input impedance (resistance) the accessories & probes can be mixed and matched between oscilloscopes . An oscilloscope is simply a very fast voltmeter anything that produces a voltage can be used with it. Non automotive Labscopes don't have a probe scale setting for 20:1 attenuators and most the 10:1 attenuators on ebay aren't of great quality. Auto Ditex however do a suitable 10:1 item. Autoditex have local agents and now have an ebay shop. I will add buy a generic current clamp rather than Hantek . You will also need BNC to 4mm bannana adaptors (both ways) and accupuncture probes.

Autoditex link ---- really worth a look and some good information on how to various tests.

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
5 years 2 months ago #27438 by abdo111
thank you for reply

in a word, tell me the names of probes that i need for using them with OWON VDS1022i or picoscope ( 2205a ) .

are these what ineed?
1- Hantek HT201 Oscilloscope 20:1 Passive Attenuator
2- Hantek HT25
pasteall.org/pic/b42a9fc4e3b37b9095447ff098fd2487
pasteall.org/pic/1d59f1ed0ed5cd668955b4c586649d14

do you think that the two devices ( ht25,ht 201) must be customized for working with owon VDS1022i like we do for pico 2000 series?

sorry for frequent questions that because i ve never used any oscilloscope and sorry for my bad english.

thank u

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #27460 by Andy.MacFadyen
This capture is with a Hantek HT25 Plug Wire Probe It is upside down because it is from the negative spark side of a wasted spark system.
It only took a few seconds to setup
The only draw back to the Owon VDS1022i I have discovered is the channel invert option seems to be buggy.

Like most general purpose lab scopes The Owon lacks a dedicated probe scale setting for an x20 attenuator this isn't an issue as you can use the x10 setting and multiply the voltages by 2.
Alternatively as the upper voltage limit for the scope is 40v a x10 attenuator will provide sufficient protection for the scope an laptop.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds