6 years 3 months ago #16020 by graywave
Anyone use any Hantek Scopes?

Model Hantek6074BE
Bandwidth 70MHz
Channels: 4 CH
Real-time Sampling Rate: 1GSa/s
Memory Depth: 64K
Time Base Precision: ±50ppm
Time Base Range: 2ns/div-1000s/div (1-2-4 sequences)
Input Impedance: 1MΩ 25pF
Input Sensitivity: 2mV/div~10V/div
Vertical Resolution: 8Bit
Vertical Displacement Range: 2mV ~ 10V/div @ x1 probe; 20mV ~ 100V/div @ x10 probeï¼›
200mV ~ 1000V/div @ x100 probe; 2V ~ 10000V/div @ x1000 probe
DC Gain Accuracy: ±3%
Bandwidth Limit: 20MHz
Trigger Mode: Edge, Pulse, Video, Alternative
Trigger Source: CH1, CH2, CH3,CH4
Waveform Signal Process: +,-,x,÷,FFT, Invert
Cursors Measurement: Cross, Trace, Horizontal, Vertical
Auto Measurement: Vpp, Vamp, Vmax, Vmin, Vtop, Vmid, Vbase, Vavg, Vrms, Vcrms, Preshoot, Overshoot, Frequency, Period, Rise Time, Fall Time, Positive Width, Negative Width, Duty Cycle
Volume: 175mm * 105mm * 25mm
Weight: 0.9KG
Accessory: 2 passive probes, 2 gator clip lines

Model DSO3064

Vertical System
Analog Channels 4
Bandwidth 60MHz(-3dB)
Rise Time 5.8ns
Input Impedance Resistance: 1MΩ ; Capacitance: 25 pF
Input Sensitivity 10mV/div to 5V/div
Input Coupling AC/DC/GND
Vertical Resolution 8 bits
Memory Depth 10K-16M/CH
Maximum Input 400V (DC+AC Peak)
Horizontal System
Real-Time Sampling Rate 200MS/s
Time Base Range 5ns/div to 1000s/div(1-2-5 sequences)
Time Base Precision ±50ppm

Trigger System
Source CH1, CH2,CH3,CH4,EXT
Mode Edge,Pulse,Viedo,Alternative
Voltage Measurement Vpp, Vamp, Vmax, Vmin, Vtop, Vmid, Vbase, Vavg, Vrms, Vcrms, Preshoot, Overshoot, Frequency, Period, Rise Time, Fall Time, Positive Width, Negative Width, Duty Cycle
Cursors Measurement Horizontal ,Vertical, Track, Auto Measure Modes
Waveform Signal Process +,- , x,÷, FFT, Invert
Voltage Range 10mV to 5V/div @ x 1 probe; 100mV to 50V/div @ x 10 probe;
1V to 500V/div @ x 100 probe; 10V to 5000V/div @ x 1000 probe;
100V to 50000V/div @ x 10000 probe; 200mV to 100V/div @ 20:1
Current Range CC65(20A),CC65(60A),CC650,CC1100
FFT Rectangular,Hanning,Hamming,Blackman Window
Math Adition,subtraction,multiplication,division

General Feature
Interface USB 2.0(Lan Optional)
Power Source 8--36V Wide range of input voltage
Volume 490 x 165 x 410 (mm)
Weight 8 Kg
Packing Case
Aluminum case
Auto Test Cable (HT30A) x4
Auto High-Pressure Ignition Probe (HT25) x4
20:1 Attenuator (HT201) x4
Large Dolphin/Gator Clip (HT18A) x4
Multimeter Probe (HT19) x4
Acupuncture Probe Set (HT307) x1
Dolphin/Gator Clip Cable (HT324) x2
Break Out Leads (HT301) x1
Coil-on-Plug Extension Cord (with earth cord) (HT308) x4
Auto Power Adapter (HT310) x1
CC65 Current Clamp x1
CC650 Current Clamp x1

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #16021 by arbez
I have a DSO-3064. I've had it 5-6 years & use it all the time. Scope works fine, the software has a lot of room for improvement & hasn't been updated for years.

My neighbor picked up a 6074 scope earlier this year & it had issues. The longer it was used, the more it would bog down the computer. If it was on for more than a few hours, it would eventually lock up the computer. He gave it to me for a few days & there were definitely issues with it. I believe it was a defective scope & he ended up returning it. I tried to get him to pick up another one, but he is looking to buy a better scanner now.

The 6074 scope has a lot better spec's than the other scopes Hantek is marketing now. The 1008 & 6022 scopes are very entry level scopes, and are not recommended (at least by me).

I believe the 6074 is the new, 4 channel automotive scope & is the replacement for the older 3064.

If you don't have $2500.00 to spend on a Pico (and who does), pick up a 6074. Just make sure you get it from a reputable seller & that you have return options.

If my 3064 died today, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another one tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by arbez. Reason: Just because spell check says it's OK, doesn't mean it is

More
6 years 3 months ago #16022 by Andy.MacFadyen
I keep a Hantek 1008 in drawer case I need more than 2 channels.

In terms of bang per buck as starter scopes Hantek offer a lot but the Windows software is a bit of a pain to use. Also the build quality is variable on both the scopes and the amp clamps. I own two of their amp clamps one works fine the other arrived broken and I had to spend two hours fixing it to get it to work. If buyimg again I would just buy generic amp clamps.

Also the mhz performance claims on all brands of Chinese scopes is has to be taken with a large pinch of salt for example Hantek claim the 6047BE has a bandwidth of 70mhz but in the documentation the band width limit is 20mhz and that is likely to actually be 20/4 = 5mhz as it shared between 4 channels, this is actually more than fast enough for nearly all automotive purposes but keep in mind to turn off channels you don't need.

I have been considering the Hantek IDS1070s Wifi scope which is a non-automotive scope --I have dabb;led with Wifi scopes last year I used a Velleman WTF210 for a couple of months I actually liked it a lot , great build quality and windows and Android software was easy to use but was prone to crashing and didn't show pre-trigger events which is very important for some car diagnostics.
With these non-automotive scopes it is important to porotect the scope by using an attenuator when connecting to coils and injectors.

If you can find a supplier you might want to look at the Auto Ditex range autoditex.com/

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 2 months ago #17239 by SailorBob
I own a Hantek 1008c and while it's passable, I wouldn't recommend it. In general, I find you can't practically use more than two of the channels. If you're on a really tight budget, it would be better to get the two channel 6022, as it's higher bandwidth and there is also decent third party software for it, openHantek or sigrock.

If you can afford a little more I think I'd recommend the 6074 also. I haven't used it yet, but I just ordered one myself and it will be here in a few weeks. I can let you know how it turns out if I remember.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17369 by SailorBob
There's a nice long post here talking about scope options:

www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353872&showall=1

More
6 years 2 months ago #17404 by 217oldtimer
Hi, first time poster here. I bought the 6074be and thought some initial comments/waveforms might be helpful to others that are on the fence. I don't have enough experience with DSO's to make qualified judgments but my initial impression is I was hoping for more. I'll attach some of my first waveforms. They look to be kind of raw (unfiltered?) compared to even the AES Wave handheld dso used by Paul in a recent misfire video. I'm open to instruction and advice. The attached waveforms are single triggered events. I read somewhere the Hantek software behaved better if you start capture by clicking Auto button, so I did. I adjusted voltage and timebase the best I could. My setup was the dso outside of the engine compartment and the ground leads clipped on engine ground. The HT25 was used for the secondary captures and the CC-65 is clamped on the ground wire at the distributer. Engine is 2000 Honda Accord 2.3. There is a known misfire on #4 cylinder ("secondary-bad" attached image) The other "secondary-good" image is clamped on another spark plug wire.

I can still return this scope and I"m trying to decide if I should stick with it or try something else.

Thanks, Mike
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SailorBob, abdo111, Aldi

More
6 years 2 months ago #17417 by SailorBob
You need to run the calibration after the scope has been turned on a while and warmed up. I've been playing with my hantek 1008c and the ht25 and cc65 and I'll probably post about my experiences. One thing you could do is use video capture software, I use the free version of debut video capture and record the secondary vs primary waveforms on the same screen. I'd be curious what result you get. On my 1008c the ht25 waveform looks like crap compared to the primary waveform. Maybe I'll post some video links. I'm also just starting out and I actually ordered a 6074be which will probably be here in about two weeks.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17420 by wes p
andy I have that scope I bought afew months back havnt used it yet since I picked up a snapon modis. I comparing that to the 4 channel pico automotive scope, they state 400ms/s realtime samples. wht is the the hantek?. and also the buffer on hantek ? compared to the pico ?

More
6 years 2 months ago #17444 by SailorBob
I did some primary vs secondary ignition waveform captures and posted the results in this other thread: www.scannerdanner.com/forum/post-your-re...n-a-distributor.html

I think the HT25 is probably just a crappy secondary pickup. I'd appreciate your feedback.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17445 by SailorBob
Here are some results looking at the primary ignition waveform and current ramp. The trick with the cc65 is that it accepts interference from the environment, so you have to hold or set the body of the cc65 as far away from the coil as possible to get a clean signal. Also, don't forget to let the scope warm up and run the calibration routine.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17455 by 217oldtimer
Wow, nice waveforms SailorBob! If I could get that quality I'd be a happy camper.

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #17473 by SailorBob

217oldtimer wrote: Hi, first time poster here. I bought the 6074be and thought some initial comments/waveforms might be helpful to others that are on the fence. I don't have enough experience with DSO's to make qualified judgments but my initial impression is I was hoping for more. I'll attach some of my first waveforms. They look to be kind of raw (unfiltered?) compared to even the AES Wave handheld dso used by Paul in a recent misfire video.

OK, I think I may have a lead ( no pun intended ) on what the problem is. I found these images of know good waveforms on the Picoscope website :

So in this picture, the Primary and Secondary are almost exactly mirrors of each other.

However in this waveform we see the same kind of strange degradation we've observed in our personal measurements with the Hantek scopes and HT25 leads. This makes me think there is some other variable here, not related directly to the scope and lead we're using, but I'm not sure what it is.

Also, I just ran across this post of mine from a little while back in which I had just got the scope and was playing around trying to get secondary ignition traces. What I noticed was that my waveforms were really clear and detailed. The difference was that I was just directly looking at the output of the HT25 pickup on a 50mV / div screen without using the 10,000x scaling. I think the software scaling may screw up the appearance of the waveform.

Maybe I'll post about this on iatn, and see if anyone can explain what's going on, or maybe I'll go out and see if turning of the 10,000x scaling and just reading directly in mV gives better results.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by SailorBob.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17476 by SailorBob
Found the solution:

More
6 years 2 months ago #17486 by 217oldtimer
Nice work Bob!

Maybe I'm doing calibration wrong. Please have a look at my hookup. I used the included leads.

I have my HT25 leads pulled up away from the engine but I'm not getting anywhere near the waveforms your seeing. I had a family rush job come in so I'll get back to the Hantek tomorrow hopefully and try your settings.

Thanks much for the help.

Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #17515 by SailorBob
The instructions say calibration has to be done when the ambient temperature changes more than 5*C, and you should let the scope run 20 minutes to warm up before doing the calibration. On my scope, it says to hook up all the channels being calibrated to a ground. I hooked both power and ground clips to my battery negative on all the channels I used and ran the calibration right before making this video.

More
6 years 2 months ago #17634 by SailorBob
So I figured some more stuff out with getting secondary waveforms. Basically, some cars have pretty well insulated plug wires, which can degrade the quality of the signal one gets. I found that in a case like this, installing a COP extension plug wire in series with the regular plug wire helped me get more accurate signals:

More
6 years 2 months ago #17638 by qwefdref
helo , i am 21 years old ,and i have 3 years experience working on cars,,i just do engine diagnose,,rebuilding ,averything that is relate to engine performanc,,i finished technical school but they never learn me about electric and electronic system like Poul Denner do,,so i wanna invest on a scope,, so who scope is worth it, fot profesional work? who scope have no issues?i know pico its very expensive,but its worth it? to buy one ? or is better buying a hentek for cheap? and get joob done

More
6 years 1 month ago #18155 by graywave
Thanks everyone for posting your experience. I totally forgot I made this post.

SailorBob your videos helped a lot. I can only imagine the DSO 3064 will act the same. Now I'm thinking of moving away from Hantek and trying to PICO some how. I hate fighting with my equipment. I use a Snapon Modis right now and comparing my experience with the modis to your videos have the hantek, I would rather use a Modis. Thats pretty bad. Disappointed in Hantek. The Modis has been fine minus the not so bright screen and the screen resolution.

If anyone has more experience or find out more faults / fixes / work arounds for these Hantek scopes please post.

@Andy. I don't have the experience with either Pico or Hantek but Pico is a top notch scope. Certainly worth the money. Hantek seems to have its faults and not sure if its worth the aggravation. You can also go ebay and find an older snap on verus or verus pro or even a modis which will all work just fine. I have used the scope on a Verus pro and the scope on the modis and both work really really nice. I might lean toward a verus again for a scope if I can afford the pico.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: qwefdref

More
6 years 1 month ago #18232 by juergen.scholl

graywave wrote: . The Modis has been fine minus the not so bright screen and the screen resolution.

As you probably know the MODIS features a VGA out you can input to an external monitor. This is an excellent way to overcome the display deficiency of the MODIS, as long as you are stationary.

A really great scope for the automotive imo is the USB AUTOSCOPE, a fine 8 channel scope, with integrated ignition scope, pressure transducers and very helpful task-specific scripts. This scope is reasonably prized, esp. when regardi g the transducers the lackage comes with. For some reason or another it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Here's a link to the producer's homepage, and yes you can buy it in the U.S. directly.

autoscope.eu/home/

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #18633 by SailorBob
So my Hantek 6074BE arrived in the mail yesterday and I started testing it and I was underwhelmed. I'm going to see if I can return it. Basically, either it's defective, knocked around too much in shipping, or maybe I was expecting way too much.

What I'm seeing with it is that the signals are very noisy, even with the 20Mhz bandwidth limiting turned on, and the noise makes using the min / max functions on things like O2 sensors useless. I was also unable to get a stable injector waveform, although I got stable ( but messy ) ignition waveforms.

I'm not really sure if this is just due to the higher analogue bandwidth, or if the scope is defective. Also, the waveform recording / playback doesn't seem to work. So far the only thing better about this than the 1008c is the AC coupling, which the 1008c doesn't have. From my testing I can't see any practical advantage so far, except that maybe I could test 4 fat signals at once, which the 1008 doesn't have the sampling rate for. And it might not accept EM interference as easily as the 1008 since the channels are supposed to be isolated, but I didn't test that.

Here's a short playlist of what I found: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5ZkAEzEb...Wo6N0mmDpB7nBGmWbK0i

Any observations or comments would be welcome.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by SailorBob.

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds