Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

7 V on the MAP sensor wiring ? Crank no start Ford KUGA

More
2 years 6 months ago #52418 by Julek
Good morning, I think I may have damaged my KUGA ECU(Ford KUGA 2010 2.0TDCI 136 Ch 4x4 - 250 000 km).Since a few month I have been having Turbo related issues: sometimes the car would work fine, sometimes it had no boost and would actually drive like in LIMP mode, but without engine light or fault codes (I am using FORSCAN).The DPF filter has been 

File Attachment:

File Name: 20210807.txt
File Size:4 KB
removed & the ECU reprogrammed accordingly - but the Turbo issue symptom has started earlier. One interesting detail is that when I have no boost, I noticed I can also not engage the cruise control - which is weird as that would mean the car knows there is a problem, but doesn't display any fault code (this was double check in a garage with a Bosch scanner).That was for context, as the problem is now a bit different.While investigating on that issue - I started to doubt about the reprog. and wondered if the DPF value wasn't affecting. So I injected a small voltage on the cable (4V max) to see the value move on the scanner. big mistake.I heard the engine fault error in the car, and it would not be cleared.I have the check engine light & the engine fault display. The engine cranks but doesn't start.Most values from sensor when looked from scanner appears wrong (for instance Fuel rail pressure is maxed out,...)Fuses have been checked and they are all OK.Given circumstances, I thought I may have burnt something in the ECU, so inspected it , and see nothing obvious (But I could only see 1 face of the ECU).I re-installed it and ran some more test on the 5V loop. every sensor I checked had a clear 5 V reference (when checked with the battery minus - voltage on the sensor connector - disconnected from sensor), but 1, the MAP shows a voltage above 5V, which to me was not possible :Exemple DPF :U(3/-) = 4.95 VU(2/-) = 0U(1/-)=1.14V MAP :U(3/-) = 6.95 VU(2/-) = 0U(1/-)=1.14V I did not run more test has the ref voltage above 5V to me means there is no SC or GF on other sensors, as this would bring the voltage down. But I can't figure out how I could get more than 5V on that MAP sensorDid any of you came accross a similar issue ?Is there any other test I could run to confirm the problem comes from ECU ? Rgds ps: fault codesP0642-F2/P0069/F2/P0341-71/U0401

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds