Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2009 chrysler town and country

More
3 years 6 days ago #48783 by Chevyman
Son was driving his van in heavy rain last friday night. He had wipers on high. All of a sudden half way up wipers froze. He pulled over and tried moving wiper switch they finally parked for him he retired and now only has intermittent position working no low or high speed. I need a wiring schematic to diagnosis these wipers. Am I correct in that the signal from wiper switch goes to body control module and the module controls the wipers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 days ago - 3 years 6 days ago #48785 by jreardon

File Attachment:

File Name: wipers.pdf
File Size:70 KB

Wiper switch to Steering Control Module to Cluster to TIPM. Sounds like a bad switch. Can your scan tool read the wiper controls and bidirectionally command wipers.
Last edit: 3 years 6 days ago by jreardon. Reason: wrong pdf

More
3 years 6 days ago #48790 by jreardon
nevermind, it could be a bad relay, let's hope you can get to em for testing.

More
3 years 5 days ago #48816 by Chevyman
What controls the intermittent speed.

More
3 years 5 days ago - 3 years 5 days ago #48818 by jreardon
Reading deeper in service info states intermittent wipers just turns the wiper-on/off-relay, on and off. The low speed is just the wiper-on/off-relay, staying on. Since yours works on intermittent, but not low it's looking like a bad switch. Someone else pls check my diagnosis I never worked on wipers before, lol.

imgur.com/a/uWSQ64Q

File Attachment:

File Name: operation.pdf
File Size:85 KB
Last edit: 3 years 5 days ago by jreardon. Reason: stupid grammar

More
3 years 5 days ago #48825 by Matt T

jreardon wrote: Someone else pls check my diagnosis I never worked on wipers before, lol.

The thing I don't like about your diagnosis is it doesn't fit the original "stopped halfway up" complaint. If the wipers lost the high speed command they should've parked.......

I'm wondering whether the wipers are working correctly in intermittent or intermittently working?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jreardon

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds