Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

canister vent valve

More
3 years 2 months ago #46696 by comanchejr
i have a 2015 toyoto corolla, 4 cylinder. my vent valve, aka leak detection pump has 7 male pins and a wire harness with 7 wires. With key on 2 wires side beside, 1 has 12 volts and the other has like .5 volts, and another has llke 5 volts but the other 4 wires have no volts. when i take the pump out of the car, and test the 2 pins that had 12 volts and .5 volts they r side beside and they have 27.7 ohms. I know that u can blow strait threw it and when i hook 9 volt battery to it, it clicks very faintly and i can still blow threw it. It closes just a tad. But my question is that isnt that the way im suppose to check it? Oh and the evap codes r po455 large leak and po 441 small leak. And also where do the other 4 wires go? Am i right assuming the valve is sticking open? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46698 by JJJ DA
Replied by JJJ DA on topic canister vent valve
vin number and engine code? just to try to find the wiring diagram to understand how it works. which is the DTC of open circuit? thanks

More
3 years 2 months ago #46700 by comanchejr
Replied by comanchejr on topic canister vent valve
vin # 5YFBURHE9FP321941 what r u talking about engine code? And the DTC is po455, i hope this helps u and me. if not let me know. Thanks.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46701 by JJJ DA
Replied by JJJ DA on topic canister vent valve
have a look at the attached file, hope it works!
Attachments:

More
3 years 2 months ago #46705 by comanchejr
I dont know about the website, its talking about the gas cap, i put a new oem gas cap on it. Thats all it showing is about the gas cap. I was wanting to know about the leak detection pump, unless there is something i dont understand. Thank U

More
3 years 2 months ago #46706 by comanchejr
Yes, i have checked all that.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds