Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 Chevy trailblazer

More
3 years 5 months ago #45091 by Chevyman
I have a 2007 Chevy trailblazer. Shut it off this morning went to restart and no crank. Pulled started relay I have load voltage on in 30 and and control voltage on pin 86 when key is turned to start. I was leaning towards starter. Am I missing something. Would anyone have a wiring schematic of the security system and the starter system. Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #45099 by Chevyman
Replied by Chevyman on topic 2007 Chevy trailblazer
I do on pin 87 when I hold switch in start position so I know I have control. So your saying check voltage with key in crank position on starter control work down at starter solonoid?

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #45100 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic 2007 Chevy trailblazer

I do on pin 87 when I hold switch in start position so I know I have control.

POWER comes form fuse 22, when in Start/Run. CONTROL (ground) comes from the PCM.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2001Trailb...cuit.pdf
File Size:738 KB

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Chad.

More
3 years 5 months ago #45125 by Chevyman
I found problem bad starter. Didn't realise son thought ignition switch bad so he replaced it. Now security light is on and vehicle will start 3 seconds and shut off. Is there a way to reset security system or a procedure to disarm it completely? I even tried replacing the original ignition switch but problem still there.

More
3 years 5 months ago #45141 by Chevyman
Still having trouble with this security system. Would anyone have a wiring schematic for the entire security system on this 2007 trailblazer.

More
3 years 5 months ago #45143 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic 2007 Chevy trailblazer
Passlock Reset procedure. Reset security system on chevy, buick, oldsmobile, cadillac, pontiac, saturn, hummer.

Make sure the battery if fully charged because this procedure may take up to 30 minutes and you cannot start the vehicle during this time. The instrument panel cluster (IPC). BCM and PCM must be in working order and the Passkey system repaired

1. Turn the key to ON and attempt to start the engine and release the key to the ON position.

2. The SECURITY light will illuminate. Wait 10 minutes until it turns off.

3. Turn the key to OFF for 10 seconds.

4. Turn the key to ON and attempt to start the engine. If it starts and run, the system has reset. If it doesn’t start or run and release the key to the ON position and complete the rest of the steps.

5. The SECURITY light will illuminate. Wait 10 minutes until it turns off.

6. Turn the key to OFF and wait 10 seconds.

7. Turn the key to ON and attempt to start the engine and release the key to the ON position.

8. The SECURITY light will illuminate. Wait 10 minutes until it turns off.

9. Turn the key to OFF and wait 10 seconds.

10. Start the engine

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #45149 by Chevyman
Thanks for everyone's help. Today I took upper cover off of top of steering column to look at location where the lock cylinder is. Where son pulled on wire harness to install his new ignition switch there is a tiny 3 wire connector that plugs in in that location. He inadvertently pulled on of the wires out. He unplugged it and vehicle started and now runs. Tomorrow going to get new wire terminal and make permanent repair. Just thought I would give a heads up and problem is resolved
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Chevyman.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds