Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

no start, ( possible) no power to injectors!!

More
3 years 7 months ago #42770 by Peaches
THANK YOU Matt T, It is clear that I'm NOT confident in what I'm doing. This is so far off the charts for me. I have to try and figure it out. I am truly grateful for everyone's advice. I'm just baffled that there were no codes, no hicupps , no detection of something going wrong to call the PCM bad. If it is bad, what caused it to fail? I need to know that before putting a new one in or the same thing could happen, Am I correct? Lord this is out of my wheel house..I have watch many of scanner danner videos but I just wish he had one on my exact van then I could just follow his steps...lol things just isn't that easy.. Thanks again..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42771 by AguilarPro
Usually a bad ignition coil would fry the transistors inside the PCM. Matt can probably help with what else could cause the PCM to die if not working properly. Have you checked all power and grounds are good at the PCM? A faulty PCM may not give codes at all and that's usually the last call even for an experienced technician, for a PCM call, it is difficult to be 100% certain. Always check wiring integrity and connections, etc.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42772 by Peaches
I was told that a PCM can tested to see if its bad once out of the car. Is this true?

More
3 years 7 months ago #42773 by AguilarPro
I wish I could tell you that is true, it has many transistors inside that you won't have a set-up that can actually test its functionality. I can't speak for dealerships but to be able to test a PCM, that would require a very complex set-up and I don't even know that is possible. Perhaps the manufacturer has a set-up used for Quality Control checks but for the average user and most shops, this is simply not possible to have for every car.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42774 by AguilarPro
Best thing you can do is check for resistance for a specific pin to pin (assuming you have the specs for the pins being tested). Most of the time this information is found within the manual when testing a specific failure mode or DTC.

More
3 years 7 months ago #42775 by Peaches
Thank you AquilarPro, .. Again so far out of my wheel house.. It looks like my car will be down for awhile..

More
3 years 7 months ago #42776 by Dtnel
Just got back up to speed on the post. Eric O from YouTube channel "South Main Auto" had a video to do with a TIPM I recall awhile back.

Check his videos out as he has a really extensive video collection. Don't call their shop as they'll blacklist people that call their shop. Seen it talked about in a video.

Maybe you could try to send a message to them thru Instagram, explain the situation of a "crack mechanic" tearing it apart with you needing help. BE sure to include that you need this vehicle for a disabled person as that may help a little? Eric is a really good guy.

Main thing is you need someone with extensive experience with TIPM's.

A good diagnostic shop in your area would probably suit you the best. Maybe ask a few local shops who they call when they have complex jobs as alot of shops have a guy they go to as it's more profitable for them to keep their techs busy with stuff they know. In the industry this can be known as "subletting"

If you stay the course you'll find the solution. Going to see if I can dig the TIPM video up.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

More
3 years 7 months ago #42777 by Peaches
Thank you so much... everyone of you are great for helping out. truly means the world to us...I going back to watching videos .. Up date soon!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #43577 by Peaches
Good morning EVERYONE,

Awhile back you answered on my post , 05 dodge caravan SXT 3.3L . Crank , NO start, possible no power ta the injectors. I have been doing what I can , do to weather, health and ability... I hope i can explain where I am now good enough. OK .. I followed you advice and diagram you sent. I have also paid to use Mitchell DYI and bought a owner manual. With that being said, here we go.. I have checked for power at injector #6 and the is nothing. I have SPARK on the coil, but no power to injectors.. I pulled the fused and found that the test lights lites on 86 & 87 on 30 & 85 I have nothing... this is how it's laid out.. 86 30
87 87a 85
I have tested the BR/WT wires at the PCM.. Natural/White connector: PINS 3,19 & 28 the test light pulse/ lites at 19 & 28. I didn't really test pin 3 cause It connects to the 86/87 side of the ADS relay which lites the test light.. I'm a little unsure what or where to go know. This is my thinking...There is a Splice ( S112) that pin 19 & 28 connect and feed the relay, injectors and coil.. Well, If my thinking is correct. the my problems lies somewhere in that SPLICE, between the ADS relay and the injector weed wire, cause the feed wire from that splice gives power to the coil for the SPARK and I have that.. If that above is correct , this is where I get confused...Pin 3 is K51 (PCM) and it connects to Pin 16 (IPM/ ECM)C3 . which give juice to the 86 & 87 ok , but K342 Pin 19 & 28 (PCM) SPLICE into (ONE)? BR/ WT wire and it goes into C4 BLUE PIN 3 (IPM/ECM) ? ??? NOW confused again... I have put a connector to the back of C4 BLUE and the test light lites... IS THIS MY PROBLEM?? DO I HAVE A BROKEN WIRE SOMEWHERE ?? I have looked up wire diagrams and things trying to understand all of this.. I would truly like to know if and what to do next.. Or even if my thought process is right.. I have pulled the connector from ICP/ECM out and looked just for problems . To a untrained eye they look good to me.... ONE STEP CLOSER Thank you for your help and sorry it's taken so long to get back to you on this.. Have a BLESSED DAY !!
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Peaches. Reason: missed something

More
3 years 6 months ago #43579 by Matt T

Peaches wrote: There is a Splice ( S112) that pin 19 & 28 connect and feed the relay, injectors and coil.. Well, If my thinking is correct. the my problems lies somewhere in that SPLICE, between the ADS relay and the injector weed wire, cause the feed wire from that splice gives power to the coil for the SPARK and I have that.

It sounds like your problem is either S112, S124 or the wire running between them. Just based on the description of S124s location that might be the easiest point to test first.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43580 by Peaches
Thank you Matt T..
I'm not finding S124.. either my diagram are not as good as yours or I'm blind.. I will look more I know I have seen it somewhere. Thank you for confirming my diagnoses... This is all very new to me.. Will up date soon..

More
3 years 6 months ago #43581 by Matt T
S124 is shown on the diagram Chad posted. Sounds like it'll be located close to where the harness splits off to each bank of injectors.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #43583 by Peaches
DUH... LOL I knew I seen that number somewhere.. Thank you.. So I can.t find it on a wire diagram but I guessing it lives very close to the injectors on the back side of the motor. Thanks again Matt T...
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Peaches. Reason: missed something

More
3 years 6 months ago #43591 by Peaches
I guess I will see tomorrow or Sunday if I can track down the bad wire. I have order a tester to help me out .. PRAYING IT WORKS !!

More
3 years 6 months ago #43594 by AlfaTech

Peaches wrote: Good morning EVERYONE,

Awhile back you answered on my post , 05 dodge caravan SXT 3.3L . Crank , NO start, possible no power ta the injectors. I have been doing what I can , do to weather, health and ability... I hope i can explain where I am now good enough. OK .. I followed you advice and diagram you sent. I have also paid to use Mitchell DYI and bought a owner manual. With that being said, here we go.. I have checked for power at injector #6 and the is nothing. I have SPARK on the coil, but no power to injectors.. I pulled the fused and found that the test lights lites on 86 & 87 on 30 & 85 I have nothing... this is how it's laid out.. 86 30
87 87a 85
I have tested the BR/WT wires at the PCM.. Natural/White connector: PINS 3,19 & 28 the test light pulse/ lites at 19 & 28. I didn't really test pin 3 cause It connects to the 86/87 side of the ADS relay which lites the test light.. I'm a little unsure what or where to go know. This is my thinking...There is a Splice ( S112) that pin 19 & 28 connect and feed the relay, injectors and coil.. Well, If my thinking is correct. the my problems lies somewhere in that SPLICE, between the ADS relay and the injector weed wire, cause the feed wire from that splice gives power to the coil for the SPARK and I have that.. If that above is correct , this is where I get confused...Pin 3 is K51 (PCM) and it connects to Pin 16 (IPM/ ECM)C3 . which give juice to the 86 & 87 ok , but K342 Pin 19 & 28 (PCM) SPLICE into (ONE)? BR/ WT wire and it goes into C4 BLUE PIN 3 (IPM/ECM) ? ??? NOW confused again... I have put a connector to the back of C4 BLUE and the test light lites... IS THIS MY PROBLEM?? DO I HAVE A BROKEN WIRE SOMEWHERE ?? I have looked up wire diagrams and things trying to understand all of this.. I would truly like to know if and what to do next.. Or even if my thought process is right.. I have pulled the connector from ICP/ECM out and looked just for problems . To a untrained eye they look good to me.... ONE STEP CLOSER Thank you for your help and sorry it's taken so long to get back to you on this.. Have a BLESSED DAY !!

The ASD control (pin 3) on the PCM provides ground to the relay coil not voltage. The relay itself is fed directly from the fuse box and fuse 16. Unplug connector C102 at the fuel rail and check for corrosion or damage. That would be the quickest and easiest check but keep in mind not all caravans are built with this connector.

File Attachment:

File Name: 05_Caravan...tion.pdf
File Size:27 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: 05_Caravan...ions.pdf
File Size:56 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peaches

More
3 years 6 months ago #43595 by Peaches
Thank you for your input..I will check for C102 and if there check it for damage.I have looked
Around the wiring harness a couple of times, just very unsure if I feel comfortable doing this. I've gotta try something we need are car...Thank you again ..You all are a true BLESSING to us...

More
3 years 1 month ago #47863 by Peaches
Thank you AlfaTech and everyone else that has been so patience with me , and giving me advice. Please know that I've read each ones comments and used them to my best. I have not been able to work on the van in over 3/4 months.My own health issue got in the way, and I guess so did frustration . I was told about someone else that could get her running. WELP, they come over to help and I was left with the purge valve off , the throttle control off ,and the brown/white cut and supposably repaired . It was late into the night and had started to rain so.. NO VAN RUNNING.. I did manage to get those parts back on , but have yet repaired the wiring.. NOW, I have No nothing at the computer .. UGH.. As I type this out , the van seat like this.. The wiring harness to the injectors and other things it goes to is unplugged , pulled from under the cross over pipe.The brown and white wire is cut . I believe I was on the right track and getting very close. The guy that came over had a scan tool and said there was an OPEN in that wire he cut and repaired.. I'm going to try and fix that wire and see if I get any signs at the PCM again. On another note. The harness to the injectors looks stuck together and melty.. This may of been part of my troubles.. Sorry I haven't keep everyone up to speed with ongoing repairs.. Just had to step back for awhile and regroup... It's really hard trusting anyone anymore.. Any input is well and THANK YOU ALL AGAIN ... God Bless

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds