Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Rough !!!

More
4 years 6 months ago #34534 by Carstuff
Replied by Carstuff on topic Rough !!! odd issue
The guage is not fuel pressure rail. Im connected to the cat converter upstream

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34542 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Rough !!! odd issue
Thanks for the videos. Appreciate it. Can you give us a video of oxygen sensors voltages during wide open throttle down the road in a safe place?? The oxygen sensors on bank one are dead lean can you get them to go rich at all??

More
4 years 6 months ago #34543 by Carstuff
if I get the throttle to 2500rpm there is activity on bank1 or if I snap the throttle it gets rich and goes lean . or if I spray some brake clean in the intake it gets rich.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34544 by Carstuff

More
4 years 6 months ago #34545 by Cheryl
Yea that bank 1 oxygen sensors voltages didn’t look good the highest I seen was .245mv which is still dead lean. Can you get them to go closer to a 1 volt. If you can’t get them to go full rich like bank 2 I’d be tempted to replace those bank o2 sensors.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34546 by Carstuff
they get rich with propane or brake clean in the intake. these are new 02 sensors. even swapping 02 sensors from other bank doesnt change anything. bank1 stays the same bank2 stays the same. The lean condition does not move to bank2.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34547 by Cheryl
Wondering if your injectors are restricted on that bank? Try using a pulser tool to compare the bank 1 with bank 2 injector flow rates??

More
4 years 6 months ago #34548 by Carstuff
I didnt do a balance test however what I did was remove the intake and activated the injectors and saw that it sprayed. il have to do that and see what it could be. I must say this after starting its already rough and lean while 02 sensors are not being used.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34549 by Cheryl
Wondering if ya got a huge vacuum leak. Maybe a stuck open evap purge valve.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34550 by Cheryl
No technical service bulletins?

More
4 years 6 months ago #34551 by VegasJAK
Replied by VegasJAK on topic Rough !!! odd issue
I was commenting on your post#34304..."fuel pressure at idle and at wide open throttle to the floor underload stays around 68psi regardless of the poor throttle response. "

At idle, pressure regulator has max vacuum pulling on it so its completely open, at WOT the regulator has no vacuum on it because the throttle plate is wide open so the regulator is completely shut. Should not have the same fuel pressure readings.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
4 years 6 months ago #34552 by Carstuff
oh ok . this is a returnless fuel system. everything is in the tank. the pressure hovers around 67 68 psi so its the same at idle and wot . if its in the tank what other test could be done theres no vacuum line

More
4 years 6 months ago #34554 by Carstuff
I thought about that but wondering why the other bank is not being affected by the huge vacuum leak. this is an odd issue wondering if its just a electric issue. if you put it in drive or reverse the 02 sensor of bank1 goes from lean to a regular reading but more rough to almost stalling at times 650rpm - 588rpm. put it in park or neutral it goes lean and not almost stalling rpm around 750

More
4 years 6 months ago #34557 by Cheryl
Wondering if it’s the intake boot flexing and splitting when you shift into drive

More
4 years 6 months ago #34562 by Carstuff
Intake hose is not split. It couldnt be electrical since i put brake clean while in park .bank1 gets rich instantly

More
4 years 6 months ago #34565 by VegasJAK
I've seen erratic 02 signals like that before... when you replaced the 02's, did you use OEM or aftermarket. Were the 02 traces that erratic before you replaced them.

Maybe I did not see it, are you getting any codes? With trims that wild I would expect to see codes of some type.

B1S1 is at 0 STFT, LTFT is +20 and its voltage is fixed at .020(fixed value tells me its not working). Suddenly B1S1 LTFT drops to 0 and its STFT stays at 0 as well. B2S1 has high neg readings on both trims... Bank 1 is running lean and bank two is running rich.

I've seen this when one 02 is OEM and the other aftermarket... the PCM try's to use the OEM sensor as a default. If the aftermarket 02's are incompatible with Mazada this could be a reason for wild readings. Again, for the conditions now, not what led you to make the 02 change. In any event, that B1S1 02 is not working correctly, its voltage is .020 to .050. Should go up to 800 like B2S1 02.

Suggest you get that B1S1 02 working correctly.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
4 years 6 months ago #34567 by Cheryl
Maybe try just unplugging the sensor see if it has a back up strategy. Maybe the wiring harness is being pulled from engine movement?? If I were working on it I’d check the actual voltage at the sensor make sure the pcm is correctly seeing the voltage

More
4 years 6 months ago #34574 by Carstuff
The codes that keep showing up is exactly whst we are seeing. Bank1 P2187 lean at idle bank1 p2177 lean off idle. Rich of idle bank2 p2180 and b1s1 low voltage low activity .
The old oem 02 sensor was the same it's an aftermarket at the moment on both banks. Swapping 02 sensors from bank 2 to bank 1 still gives low voltage code, no change in lean condition. Back probed b1s1 02 sensor and got the same voltage as the other 02 sensor connection

More
4 years 6 months ago #34575 by Carstuff
Unplugging 02 sensor only shows 0 voltage , no backup mode for the 02 sensor on the scanner data. I know the sensor reacts to propane instantly so im guessing wiring to the pcm is good for the 02sensor to react.

More
4 years 6 months ago #34584 by VegasJAK
if after swapping 02's the problem does not move, you have a wiring problem. check for short to ground. what wire are you back probing and what voltage reading are you getting. how many wires on the 02

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds