Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

09 pilot cats

More
4 years 7 months ago #32810 by Dr. Seydel
09 pilot cats was created by Dr. Seydel
Car has AF sensors and only gives bank 1 bank2 values of 1.00 for each. Where are bank sensor 2 values? I never felt with Lamda before. Help! Dealer says both cats are bad.
Guy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #32822 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 09 pilot cats
Hey Dr. Seydel! Are you looking at Global OBD data, or OEM data?

Lambda values of 1.00 from the upstream air/fuel sensors indicate stoichiometric, as long as you're in closed loop. If you have a sensor current PID (in mA), it'll show zero at stoichiometric. Lambda values above 1.00 indicate lean, lower indicate rich. Our air/fuel ratio sticky has tons of information on the subject:

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...-testing-thread.html

What are the downstream O2's and fuel trims doing during a test drive?

More
4 years 7 months ago #32824 by Dr. Seydel
Replied by Dr. Seydel on topic 09 pilot cats
Thanks for the reply
My modis only shows bank 1sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1. Doesn’t show downstream sensor 2. I’ll keep playing with it
Thanks

More
4 years 7 months ago #32879 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 09 pilot cats
Really? :huh: It may not be called downstream, or B1S2/B2S2 like we're used to.

Most of the time I see the downstream sensors labeled "HO2S S2" in the Snap-On software.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds