Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 Toyota Sequoia “Yaw sensor Code”C1231”C1234”

More
4 years 11 months ago #30098 by Rabbit
Toyota Sequoia has this dtc c1231 c1234..., some times it breaks its self when driving.. intermittently... do i need to replaced the sensor o just zero in or calibrate the yaw sensor? Any help I will appreciate thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #30099 by Rabbit
When driving on straight road on the scanner reads” 30 degrees “ yaw sensor

More
4 years 11 months ago #30113 by Tyler
The Yaw Rate Sensor reads 30 degrees when driving straight? Or the SAS reads 30 degrees? Just wanna be clear. ;)

Any recent repair work? Steering rack? Anything that could change toe or vehicle level. Battery disconnected recently?

Because your symptom is intermittent, I'm inclined to suspect a failed Yaw Rate Sensor. But, I'd suggest performing the VSC Zero Calibration before going too far. That'll likely correct the 30 degree reading you're seeing, and may also take care of the Yaw Rate Sensor code.

The zero calibration procedure is a real PITA, so you'll need some patience. ;) Read the steps several times beforehand. The sensor check step requires a large parking lot to do some U-turns in.

f01.justanswer.com/rmldaytona/b316ff4f-0...2-63f610ae0771_1.pdf

There's also a TSB out there for C1234 only, just FYI:

File Attachment:

File Name: sequoia.pdf
File Size:218 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds