Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 Vw Passat 2.0l TDI crank no start

More
4 years 8 months ago #33350 by Rory67
This car was towed to the dealership and was there for 6 weeks. Then it was towed back to my shop. The customer asked if I worked please have another look. When it was dropped off I had a chance to talk to the owners wife she said that she may have put a little DEF fluid in the tank at a filling station. I flushed the fuel tank and installed 4 rebuilt injectors. It has been running for 4 months since. Sometimes you really need to talk to the daly driver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #33351 by Desmond6004

Rory67 wrote: This car was towed to the dealership and was there for 6 weeks. Then it was towed back to my shop. The customer asked if I worked please have another look. When it was dropped off I had a chance to talk to the owners wife she said that she may have put a little DEF fluid in the tank at a filling station. I flushed the fuel tank and installed 4 rebuilt injectors. It has been running for 4 months since. Sometimes you really need to talk to the daly driver.

The amount of money people could save if they mentioned these things in the beginning....

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
4 years 8 months ago #33352 by Cheryl
Oic I posted earlier in the thread how was fuel quality.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #33371 by Crombie
is there an accessible fuel filter? Im thinking water possibly in the filter
Also from knowing a bit about diesels here in England, Diesels really don't want to start when there's any air in the fuel system
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Crombie.

More
3 years 9 months ago #42066 by sam.jesse
Hi
Did you find a fix, if so, please report it as I have the same exact problem in the shop on a TDI 2.0 CR Skoda.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds