ScannerDanner Premium Customer Support (15 Mar 2019)

Please add This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as a contact in your email system. I am having a very hard time communicating with some of you because my reply messages are ending up in your spam folder! So please check your spam folders too!

× Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2015 Nissan QX80 IPDM

• Alex Ace Auto
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2019 18:32 - 04 Mar 2019 18:34 #27596 by Alex Ace Auto
2015 Nissan QX80 IPDM was created by Alex Ace Auto
I have confirmed a 500MA -2 amp parasitic draw on this vehicle.
I have replaced the battery with one that is correct based on the vehicles specification.
There IS power to Hood switch #1 on its feed wire loaded or disconnected (LT GRN). There is good ground. (BLK)
There IS NO power to Hood switch #2 on its feed wire loaded and disconnected (Brown). There is good ground. (BLK)
Both circuits should be hot at all times.
This system may be viewing the hood as being open causing this drain.
I have switched the switches and both operate correctly.
I checked for power at the #71 pin (brown wire) at the IPDM connector for Hood Feed #2. No power back probed/loaded.
I cut the wire and rechecked in the case of a short to ground pull-down. No juice.
With the wire cut, the car will not start (anti-theft trigger).
Is it possible for the IPDM to have a bad driver that is not sending power on the circuit, while still being able to monitor an open circuit on that same component??
See my diagrams from All-data below.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Mar 2019 18:34 by Alex Ace Auto.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matts Auto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2019 20:58 #27603 by Paul6004
Replied by Paul6004 on topic 2015 Nissan QX80 IPDM
You could possibly view live data of the IPDM and see what it thinks is being switched.
I had a Porsche with a current drain - in live data it was saying the glovebox was open when it wasn't (broken microswitch) and keeping modules awake.
Desmond.

More
06 Mar 2019 19:07 #27633 by guafa
Replied by guafa on topic 2015 Nissan QX80 IPDM
Hi, i can't imagine that bad driver, but is possible the switch is being the ground for an internal voltage divider (5v for A/D converter when switch is open and a lower voltage when switch is closed). Is it strange different logic? Yes.

More
06 Mar 2019 19:29 #27634 by guafa
Replied by guafa on topic 2015 Nissan QX80 IPDM
On the other hand, is the current going to IPDM?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds