Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 Chevy Malibu 2.5 ecotec p0171 with freeze frame with very high LTFT

More
5 years 3 months ago #26146 by SixOneFour
Here's some new and better 1/12/19 graphed screenshots from idle to higher RPMs
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #26157 by Tyler

Tutti57 wrote: Wouldn't you still expect to see lower ltft than this at that rpm if there was an intake leak?

You'd think, right? I guess I was mostly wondering about the intake shifting around while driving. Was blown away that intakes were coming loose, more than anything! :lol:

Here's some new and better 1/12/19 graphed screenshots from idle to higher RPMs

Thanks! Those trims don't look that bad. :huh: At idle or 2500 RPM. Is it still setting the P0171?

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #26241 by SixOneFour
Yes still throwing code. I did notice something I hadn't really paid much attention to beforehand, the car at idle is periodically making a small JET engine noise. I've read this could be intake leak causing this. I felt this could be a good thing to mention now that I'm noticing it. It's not super loud but the idle gets more rough when I hear the noise start. It's about every 15 to 45 seconds.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by SixOneFour. Reason: Edited the word GET to JET

More
5 years 3 months ago #26246 by Desmond6004
This one pattern reminds me of the misfire I was chasing recently.

I had this with a Holden Barina coil-pack. At first all I saw was the long "rich" part of the pattern which seemed to
be when the misfire occurred - but looking at the map sensor reading and decrease in vacuum when it happens the O2 sensor
gets a series of 'lower than average' cycles when the misfire starts and the long 'rich' period is a result of the ECU reacting to that.

I'm not saying I know what your problem is though, just adding some thoughts.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.
Attachments:

More
3 years 2 months ago #47124 by YO4824
This video worked for me. Quick free and easy fix.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds