Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

No spark from ignition coil

More
6 years 4 months ago #16545 by castironman
Please follow this steps to check for codes at ECU. If you got 02 and/or 03 suspect a bad crank sensor or its wires.

b2600i.com/diag_check_engine_light.htm

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16556 by gerber
Replied by gerber on topic No spark from ignition coil
No codes.. but what i find is i dont have pulse at the ground wire at the injectors.
Let me explain. :
At the injector. I got 12 volts on 1 wire but the pulse wire is not blinking just stay on..

More
6 years 4 months ago #16584 by castironman
The ECM grounds the injectors and controls the spark, It's either not receiving a pulse from the crank sensor or is defective ( I would check powers and grounds to ECM, missing it will definitely mess up your ECM.) and because of your truck age I would also check all wires from one connector to the other to make sure nothing has happened. You may also have a distributor that uses a photocell and a LED to trigger the crank sensor, so I would check it out and make sure all is clean inside the distributor - I had a Datsun that developed a oil leak inside the distributor and those "windows" got cover and then I could not start it again, it started with a misfire then it moved to a no start. I prefer the metal ring design.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16863 by gerber
Up date ...
New distributor. .. i got spark.. al the way.. to the cylinders..
I meed to check if i got pulse at the injector.
The following user(s) said Thank You: castironman

More
6 years 4 months ago #16865 by castironman
you can use your power probe to check it. Great job.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16866 by gerber
I got pulse at the injector but looks not strong enough. .
The truck still wont turn on .
Will be the same voltage signal from the ecm to the igniter. On the injectors pulse ?

More
6 years 4 months ago #16867 by castironman
Have you checked for voltage at the fuel injector connector ? With the main relay activated should be battery voltage there. The ECM grounds that voltage completing the circuit. You may also need to check for fuel pressure at the rail and this page may help you.
www.mazdabscene.com/threads/36333/mazda-...el-pressure-question
just be careful when working around the fuel system. Is your fuel pump running ?

More
6 years 4 months ago #16899 by gerber
The fuel pump is working .. i temove the line from the filter and i use a can and open the swich. And is fuel come out..
And i did it with the yellow conetor and i jumper wire too...
And is fuel come out.
I use starter fluid in the intake manifold. And nothing wont run.

More
6 years 4 months ago #16914 by castironman
please double check if you installed the distributor correctly, your spark may be way out of timing. If all checks out, you now have spark, fuel (either gas or starter fluid) and air, just missing compression. You may try a vacuum gauge or a compression test, I hope is only a timing problem and not a damaged engine.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17539 by gerber
Well.. well... im back with the final solution on this mazda..
I learned alot on this 1. Thanks to castironman. For all u help may cont pay back.. but my God will do..
The problem was the distributor
And after install the new one.. wont start.. because i was move 2 teeths.
The following user(s) said Thank You: castironman

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds