Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

F150 No code intermittent misfire issues

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64873 by bills4065
Your total fuel trim is the sum of the long term and short term for in your situation each bank. Bank 1 is 17.18 and Bank 2 is 39.84- there is definitely something not right. As for why such a difference between the 2 banks-i do not have an answer. Maybe some others can answer that question. I would still check fuel pump pressure next. Has the truck set any lean codes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #64877 by 52Tele
No haven't had any codes but I also haven't held it for a long time at 3500 rpm for those fuel trims to be that bad for a long amount of time. I noticed it seemed like they started getting worse around 3000. I've done fuel pressure test on vehicles with Schrader valves on the fuel rail but never on one without. I'm assuming there is some kind of adapter?
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by 52Tele.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64878 by bills4065
F150- should be schraeder valve on fuel rail.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64885 by 52Tele
I don't remember seeing one when I swapped injector 6 to the other bank but I'll double check when I get off work.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64896 by 52Tele
Just to follow up there is not a Schrader valve on the stock fuel rail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bills4065

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #64897 by 52Tele
Is there a way to share images on here? I was going to share a screenshot of the crazy fuel trims I had a little bit ago.
​​​​
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Noah.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64898 by bills4065
Trims worst at 3000 rpm plus, still looking like fuel delivery / volume issue. Would have to tee in with no Schrader. Not sure on how to for images- some one who knows will probably chime in.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64900 by 52Tele
OK thanks. Today while at lunch in the truck in park with ac on I had really rich fuel trims anywhere from -10 to -28.79.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64906 by Noah
Click the "Add Files" under the heading Attatchments below the text entry field. This will prompt you to open your gallery and chose an image from the list of supported formats, then click "Insert"

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: bills4065, Lupe, 52Tele

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64907 by Noah

Is there a way to share images on here? I was going to share a screenshot of the crazy fuel trims I had a little bit ago.
When you do post the screenshot of the fuel trims, please be sure to include long term and short term fuel trim for both banks along with RPM and fuel system status (open loop/closed loop). Excluding any of those PIDs will make it very difficult to gauge total trim.​​​​

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64910 by 52Tele
Sorry the rpm wasn't on there but these were at idle. Twice after pulling up and stopping at a red light. And the one with short term trims of  -21.1 bank 1 and -19.5 bank 2 that screenshot was at lunch parked with ac on. Rpms were anywhere from 530-600
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64913 by bills4065
Here is where you are at: at idle both stft taking fuel away,- both downstream O2 sensors at .950 volts do suggest rich. What were the upstream O2 sensors reading? At 3469 rpm both banks are running lean. Noah's suggestion of pids to monitor great idea. Your idle readings were taken in closed loop. Has truck had an oil change lately?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64916 by 52Tele
Let me check how it's doing today and get back on here with findings I know it sounds weird but it sometimes fluctuates pretty dramatically on different days

On the oil change I have went a little over when I normally would because i was having the VCT actuator concerns so I wanted to see if a longer oil change interval made it any worse. I haven't really seen that and it seems like oil pressure has been good. I  was planning on changing the oil probably sometime this week though. 

Another question I have is what symptoms would a intermittent sticking purge valve have?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64917 by bills4065
Myself - before I would change anything else, I would do a wide open throttle run and graph my upstream O2 sensors only. Ensure they both go full rich at wide open throttle. Let us know how this goes.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64921 by 52Tele
So drive with the throttle wide open? How long of a test does it need to be?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64922 by 52Tele
I'm going to post a few scanner images from a drive a little bit earlier as well.
Also the map sensor on the trucks reads the manifold pressure as well as intake air temperature. Tonight I noticed intake air temp up to 109.4 at idle and 98.6 just normal driving with throttle partly open. The outside ambient temp at the same time as those readings was 57 degrees Fahrenheit. Is a gap that big normal between ambient and intake air temp?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64923 by 52Tele
This was while doing a deceleration coast. 
Attachments:

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64924 by 52Tele
This was a random idle capture of rpm and upstream data. 

Attachments:

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64925 by 52Tele
Another random capture at 1733 rpm while driving. 
Attachments:

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64926 by 52Tele
This is right after going back into closed loop from a deceleration. To me this doesn't seem normal but again trying to learn more if I'm wrong. The rpms were 931. 
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds