Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1995 Jeep 4.0 - lopes at idle - rich condition

More
5 months 1 week ago #63704 by 04300EXC
comment about port injection makes sense.... thanks,

Anyone know whats up with my secondary ignition pattern? Its looks like waves how the parade goes up and down. and the spark lines are not consistent. Engine still struggles at idle and exhaust smells of fuel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #63721 by 04300EXC
  OK - ran some secondary ign scopes on each of the six cylinders ( set scope to the 1ms/s, one lead on the dist coil wire, 2nd lead on each individual cylinder plug wire). Cylinder 5 has what I think are lean patterns that occur randomly but frequent (within about every 10 cycles) and have up to 3 of these patterns in a row (see pict 1)(pict 2 is the next pattern on cyl 5 right after pict 1 - looks normal?). Cylinder 5 also has what I think are low or weak spark lines? (as low as 8 KV see pict 3). There are also some patterns that have the spark line spike down below zero, not sure what that is, but that seems to happen before the lean patterns start (see pict 4). Cylinder 6 has same patterns as cylinder 5 but not as many. Cylinder 1 and 3 have same pattern, but much less frequent, Cylinders 2 and 4 do not have these patterns and look pretty good to me? (see pict 5)

what do you guys see in these patterns?

More
5 months 1 week ago #63722 by 04300EXC
Attachments:

More
5 months 1 week ago #63723 by 04300EXC
3rd pict - cyl 5 low spark kv
Attachments:

More
5 months 1 week ago #63724 by 04300EXC
pict 4 - cyl 5 spark line below zero
Attachments:

More
5 months 1 week ago #63725 by 04300EXC
pict 5 - cyl 2 - looks normal?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds