Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 mustang 4.0 stalling no codes intermittent

More
1 year 8 months ago #57932 by Cheryl
Might be getting somewhere. Left engine at ambient temp. Heated pcm up with heat gun to 240 degrees plugged back in ram bad just like complaint. Put in freezer runs good. 240 may be a little high of a temp but figured underhood temp with a fully warmed engine hot soaking it’s probably not far off

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #61193 by GMoney
I know it's been a while, but can you update the thread with your next steps? Did those steps solve your problem? I too have a glitch on my MAF signal; voltage, g/s (PCM), and g/s (OBDII). I see other signals (TPS, MAP, FRP, etc.) look "normal", then a glitch on my MAF (going from "nominal" to 0, back to "nominal") followed by all the other signals starting to move way off nominal coincident with the engine shutting down. I've attached a screen shot of my signals. The 3 signals circled are the MAF.voltage, MAF.g/s(PCM), and MAF.g/s(OBDII). I'm using FORSCAN and a bluetooth OBDII dongle so the resolution isn't great, but you can clearly see the glitch on the MAF followed by the other signals starting to move. Both g/s readings go to 0, and the voltage gets down to 0.55V. I've seen other cases where the voltage goes to 0V, but i guess i didn't capture those waveforms. I think the resolution of the data capture being so slow means i miss the 0V. But it clearly is the same behavior here.

We knowingly bought the car with the problem and the previous owner had replaced the PCM. Not sure where they got it, but i imagine it could be possible they got a bad one right off the bat. I've thought about a new MAF sensor and/or a new connector pigtail. But I'm really starting to think it's the PCM. I may back probe the Vref going to the MAF to see if it glitches. If that voltage drops going to the MAF, then of course the measured value would drop. And if that happens, i can't blame the MAF. But just because i don't see the glitch when i back probe doesn't mean it's not the connector that looses contact with the actual pin on the MAF. But it's a start to rule out the PCM glitching the Vref. And, if the Vref does glitch, wouldn't other sensors be affected too? Anyway, any help would be appreciated.
Attachments:

More
1 year 1 week ago #61194 by Cheryl
Mine ended up being the pcm. I left the car at room temperature and used a heat gun to warm the pcm it started up and ran horrible. Then shut it off put pcm in freezer ram normal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds