Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 mustang 4.0 stalling no codes intermittent

More
1 year 8 months ago #57525 by Cheryl
Does anyone know of a common spot for maf wiring to break or anything on these? This is the only thing I see when it starts acting up it’s intermittent not constant
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #57531 by Tyler
Can't say I've seen the MAF wiring fail on those. :unsure: Possible pin fitment issue at the connector? Someone stuffing a test light into the pins before it came to you?

More
1 year 8 months ago #57532 by Cheryl
That’s what I thought but it has a k&n air filter and harness jumper to reach the maf now. Had one that was garbage wouldn’t click or nothing to lock. Surprised this thing didn’t throw any codes. If you look at the wiring diagram if the problem was in the fuse box wouldn’t you think that it’d throw codes for other things? What you think a good voltage drop on the maf feed would be? Below half volt?

More
1 year 8 months ago #57533 by Cheryl
Why you thing the grams per second didn’t change when the voltage glitches? Owner put brand new motor craft sensor in it

More
1 year 8 months ago #57543 by Chad

Why you thing the grams per second didn’t change when the voltage glitches?

Good question. Is it possible that you are seeing substituted values? What do the pids do when the sensor is unplugged?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
1 year 8 months ago #57545 by Cheryl
I’ll do that later on and let you know. Wouldn’t you also think that if the maf lost power out of the fuse box it’d set other codes for the stuff the fuse feeds? I’m kinda feeling what Tyler said might be the clue. Pin fitment. They have a k&n maf jumper harness plugged into the oem harness so it reaches the maf on the k&n junk. It’s intermittent like once in 2 days. I load tested the grounds at the maf for the maf and iat. If it acts up again I’m going to pierce the signal wire at the pcm and see what it does on a scope vs scanner.

More
1 year 8 months ago #57553 by juergen.scholl
You may want to look at the MAF gr/sec reading in generic OBD2. There won't be substituted values.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 8 months ago #57554 by Cheryl
I’ll check generic. Do you think I’m chasing my tail with the maf issue?? I mean it’s pretty intermittent.

More
1 year 8 months ago #57557 by juergen.scholl
Do you see the glitches in the MAF signal much more frequently than the actual stalling happens?

Sometimes the OE's Programm rather strange details... Remember the Chrysler/Dodge APP "glitch"

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Attachments:

More
1 year 8 months ago #57558 by Cheryl
Well I’ve been messing with it and it seems when it surges then stalls that’s when the voltage drops out so I’m thinking ther related

More
1 year 8 months ago #57566 by Tyler

Well I’ve been messing with it and it seems when it surges then stalls that’s when the voltage drops out so I’m thinking ther related

I think you're on the right track. Maybe sell time to eliminate the jumper harness and hardwire it? Add in a replacement MAF pigtail if you want. That way the connections are solid. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jordanwatson1111

More
1 year 8 months ago #57568 by Cheryl
Like that idea. I don’t need to sell time with it. I’m retired. I’ll try that idea. All these cars I post on here are me working on stuff free time

More
1 year 8 months ago #57572 by Tyler

Like that idea. I don’t need to sell time with it. I’m retired. I’ll try that idea. All these cars I post on here are me working on stuff free time

Is the retirement a new thing? Or have you been retired the whole time and I just missed it? Either way, congratulations! :woohoo:

More
1 year 8 months ago #57573 by Cheryl
Been retired since 2019

More
1 year 7 months ago #57915 by Cheryl
Found something out does anyone know where the pcm calculates its engine load at? Started running rough. Engine load read over 60% at idle.

More
1 year 7 months ago #57916 by Cheryl
Added these to see if anything sticks out to you guys

More
1 year 7 months ago #57917 by juergen.scholl

Engine load read over 60% at idle.

Ocasionaly I have seen the calculated load pid at idle that high on Ford products from the early 2000 years, without being a problem.

The link will allow you to clue you in on basic load calculations, be aware there is so much more to it:

obdcon.sourceforge.net/2010/06/about-pid...d%20as%20a%20percent .

More
1 year 7 months ago #57918 by Cheryl
On the reference value sheet I found it says it’s supposed to be between 10 and 20. It is then all of a sudden it shoots up to 67 and runs rough

More
1 year 7 months ago #57919 by juergen.scholl

On the reference value sheet I found it says it’s supposed to be between 10 and 20. It is then all of a sudden it shoots up to 67 and runs rough

What does the tps reading show in this instance. Is it possible the pcm opens the throttle plate to fight stalling? This definitely impacts the calculated load...

More
1 year 7 months ago #57920 by Cheryl
I have some pics posted if you want to look and see if anything sticks out to you

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds