A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Just tried a cheap hot staple machine

More
3 years 4 months ago #45357 by JeffBirt
I bought this unit months ago but just used it for the first time today. I have retracting bed cover off my truck so it was a good time to fix the cracked corners of the bed rail covers. They cracked as the mounting screw holes were not elongated. You install it when it is nice warm out, winter comes along, plastic shrinks and cracks at screw holes.

Anyhow, this is a cheaper unit I bought for occasional use. It seemed to have decent reviews and was less of an unknown quantity then buying from Aliexpress. If I were to use this type of tool on a daily bases my choice may have been different. The finish on the handpiece leaves some to be desired, it is a bit rough in places. It worked great though, I was able to dial in the heat easily with the push buttons on the front panel. The included staples also worked well. There is a pair of flush cut nippers that come with it. They are sharp but NOT flush cutting. I used a Dremel tool to grind the nubs of the staples down.

I can imagine that this would have a lot of uses in the automotive world from fixing a cracked air filter housing (of course you would still need to seal the crack to make it air tight) to fixing engine covers that always seem to crack. I have no connection with the company, etc. just happy with how it worked for me. FWIW - Thought I would share in case it is helpful to anyone else.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MQD3CF7
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Matt T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45678 by Andy.MacFadyen
I bought a more basic model a couple years back the repair I did with it has held up.

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/off-topic-se...commended.html#14866

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds