A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Mobile Diag setup

More
5 years 9 months ago #21880 by bruce.oliver
Any techs on here doing mobile diag on the side? Curious as to how you have your diag equipment setup to ease the dialy/weekly transition from day job to mobile. I have my diag box, but it's an old Kobalt box that needs replaced already. So I was thinking of getting a better used snapon or similar and just roll the entire box in and out

I want to do more diag but we don't get enough diag jobs at work. So I am considering hitting up some other shops to do the diag they don't want to do or can't figure out. Not going to contact any of the shops local to my shop. I don't live in the town I work so I'm going to contact shops in the town I live in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #23164 by graywave
Replied by graywave on topic Mobile Diag setup
I do Mobile Diag and Light Repair on the side. I get some really good diag jobs. I havent had diag jobs at shops but at vehicle owners properties. They have been super excited when I fix the problem or can point to the component. I have a minimum charge of $100 for the 1st 2 hours then $80 per hr after that, within reason and people dont mind at all.

I created a diagnostic bag, you can find below. This bag is my go to bag for diagnostics as it has everything i need in it.
www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...stics-back-pack.html

I also have almost every tool i would need for lighy repair.

I will go to shops soon

Here is a couple pics of what is in my car

Dewalt Socket Set $176

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by graywave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds