A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Automotive Field Opinions

More
6 years 1 month ago #19927 by graywave
The only thing I touch are the electronic solenoids. If one fails I'll test it and possibly replace it.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #20015 by bruce.oliver
Guys that are using pressure bleeders, what tool or kit are you using?

More
6 years 1 week ago #20454 by bruce.oliver
Tutti57, how's it going at the dealer? Still liking it?

More
6 years 1 week ago #20455 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Automotive Field Opinions

bruce.oliver wrote: Tutti57, how's it going at the dealer? Still liking it?

Yes, updates please! Have you witnessed your first wheel off yet?

More
6 years 1 week ago #20456 by bruce.oliver

Tyler wrote:

bruce.oliver wrote: Tutti57, how's it going at the dealer? Still liking it?

Yes, updates please! Have you witnessed your first wheel off yet?

First? How many wheels have you had fall off?lol

More
6 years 1 week ago #20457 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Automotive Field Opinions

bruce.oliver wrote: First? How many wheels have you had fall off?lol

:lol: Nah nah, I just meant witnessing one in the shop, not that he'd left a wheel loose.

Big enough places with lots of techs... Someone forgets eventually. :silly:

More
6 years 1 week ago #20458 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Automotive Field Opinions
Haha I witnessed it 1 time from a lube guy I was the asst manager at that shop and I had to go 1 block down the road and put the wheel back on the car .....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
6 years 1 week ago #20464 by Tutti57
I'm still enjoying it! No wheel-offs yet but a guy did forget to put oil in an engine and then trans fluid in another one. That's what I heard at least.

Here is my area and "desk."

The weather has been nice, so having the doors open is cool.

I had my best day yet on Wednesday and hit 11 hours. On the slow days I have an unlimited amount of online trainings that I get paid to do. Nissan has some great ase test prep that I've been working on too. I plan on signing up for some tests soon.

I'm definitely losing hours not having an inspection license, so I submitted an application for that on Thursday.

One of the tough things is getting different advise from different people. One person will say not to do it that way and another will say the opportunity. I thought there would be a little more consistency there.

It seems like most guys here are good with things like suspension and steering but very few with diag. I see a lot of flow charts going on.

We had a 2008 Altima in that had a hunting idle after another shop put an engine in it. I stopped over to see what the tech was doing and he had the smoke machine on it. I asked if it had a lean code he was looking for and he said he hadn't pulled the codes yet. I saw that it had a new throttle body. The intake boot was not fitting on it. The diameter of the TB was too small or something. He had rtvd the boot to try to seal it better but something was clearly wrong there. The airbox assembly had yellow writing on it that made me think it was from a junk yard.

Anyway, we sent that one out unfixed. I so badly wanted to check it out but Nissan requires me to be certified in ASE and their program to do jobs like that.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

More
6 years 1 week ago #20468 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Re:Automotive Field Opinions

Tutti57 wrote: I'm still enjoying it! No wheel-offs yet but a guy did forget to put oil in an engine and then trans fluid in another one. That's what I heard at least.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. :lol:

One of the tough things is getting different advise from different people. One person will say not to do it that way and another will say the opportunity. I thought there would be a little more consistency there.

Agreed, that's always a challenge when starting out, or even just starting at a new shop. :angry: I'm positive you've started noticing which techs seem to struggle with everything, and the techs who seem to breeze through jobs.

More
6 years 1 week ago #20479 by Tutti57
Yeah, somewhat. I am in a totally different area of the shop by myself so I actually don't get to see much.

More
6 years 1 week ago #20504 by Tutti57
I'll say that the online training is really good though. Once I complete a certain amount, it has me do some ASE prep work, then after you gets those certs you get sent to Nissan school for instructor led hands on training.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds