A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

What is the best Bang for my buck for a lap scope /bi directional scanner

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47795 by Columbus450
Looking for the best Bang for my buck on a bi directional/scanner I've looked at launch/autel They all have pros and cons I keep leaning toward snap on , Any suggestions I've had a modis edge and loved it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47799 by Tyler
It would all depend on what you're working on and the jobs you plan on doing with it. :lol:

Strictly bang for buck, it's tough to beat the Launch Diagun IV/Pro Mini or an Autel MX808. They both deliver TONS of functionality, relearns and coding for under $1000. Most will also come with some amount of free updates. When you do have to update it on your dime, it's usually much cheaper than Snap-On.

Snap-On products have good (enough) functionality for most vehicles. IMO, they really shine with data capture, graphing and retrieval. The graphing is top notch, plus ShopStream Connect and ALTUS Drive make viewing codes/data a breeze. The sharing/saving of data may or may not be of value to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbus450

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47804 by Andy.MacFadyen
Bang per buck depends on how many bucks you want and can spend.

For minimum spend the Launch X431 range start at a lot of power for minimum money, For a wee bit more $$$$ Autel for more money Snap-On
But the law of dimishing returns applies, my Launch came with 2 years free updates which was a big plus point for me.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbus450

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47813 by Columbus450
good points,my budget it 1800 and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a modis edge

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47817 by Tyler

Columbus450 wrote: good points,my budget it 1800 and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a modis edge

You could do worse. ;) I rolled with a Modis Ultra for years before upgrading to the Triton D8 (Edge with Un-Intelligent Diagnostics). Both have paid for themselves many times over.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47846 by Columbus450
Tyler what do you think of the triton d8?
is it a tad better than modis edge? you say it has un intelligent diag,very helpfull?
I think they quit production of modis

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #47847 by Tyler

Columbus450 wrote: Tyler what do you think of the triton d8?
is it a tad better than modis edge? you say it has un intelligent diag,very helpfull?
I think they quit production of modis

I love the Triton, but I would have been just as happy with a Modis Edge. The only difference between the two is the Intelligent Diagnostics feature. Some may find value in it? Many of the members here haven't.

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/post-your-re...apon-zeus.html#38140

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...f-the-apollo-d8.html

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #47871 by thorguy57
Not sure what the price on the modis is, but found this one near me.
classifieds.ksl.com/listing/63160833

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #47896 by Gcf1111
It’s a fair price. I’ve seen them locally(here in Utah) as low as 1500 with a 18 or 19 update iirc, but that one got snatched up pretty quick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds