Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

snapon zeus

More
4 years 1 month ago #38131 by tspinat
snapon zeus was created by tspinat
PAUL : WHAT IS YOU OPINION ON THE SNAPON ZEUS WINDOW 10 ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38136 by John Curtis
Replied by John Curtis on topic snapon zeus
I’m clearly not Danner, but the price isn’t justified at all.

You could get a PICO 4425 with accessories, a laptop, a launch X431, an Autel with a J2524 and a 12+8 connector for half the price of buying the Zeus brand new.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38140 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic snapon zeus
I agree with John Curtis. I took the Zeus out for a "test-drive" for a couple weeks. The "intelligent diagnostics" was a joke (I imagine it will get better), but if you know/learn how to do diagnostics, you don't need it, anyway.

A used Verus Edge will do just as well.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

More
4 years 1 month ago #38157 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic snapon zeus
Totally agree with John and Chad. The Intelligent Diagnostics is not intelligent at all. A teammate at my shop has one, and we throw it on problem cars when we want a laugh. :silly: Most of the time, it's lost at sea.

There are definitely better ways to spend your diagnostic dollar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

More
4 years 1 month ago #38179 by JarheadDiagnostics
Replied by JarheadDiagnostics on topic snapon zeus
In my opinion the Snap-on scan tools are good for all in one units. But I would look for a used Verus edge. Its the same as the Zues minus the intelligent software. I think I picked my Verus Edge up for 4k and I put it on subscription which keeps the software up to date. But to answer your question, the Zues price point, you can buy multiple different brand tools and a pico and still come out cheaper. Just depends on how you want to go. Just remember in the aftermarket world, not one scantool can do it all. Just the other day I had to use my Maximus 3.0, Autel 906bt and my Verus Edge on a Nissan because neither had all the system resets I needed.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds