A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

My new diagnostics back pack

More
5 years 8 months ago #22885 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:My new diagnostics back pack
Yes sadly it is all looks and no go... It was just a vw bug underneath that shell.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22892 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic My new diagnostics back pack

graywave wrote: Well when you get a chance Pole let me or us know. Trying to find a probe that is consistent is probably going to be the battle. I know some coils are to heavily shielded and we can hope that most coils will work just fine with certain probes.

Here is a capture from a Mercury Mariner 3.0L.

On the Automotive Waveform Exchange, on Facebook, you can upload .psdata files. So, I tried to upload the .psdata file to the ScannerDanner Facebook page, but it wouldn't let me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for sharing .psdata files?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #22908 by graywave
Thanks Pole! I think inductive ignition testing is going to be an area I need to concentrate on. I'm so used to getting primary waveforms and understanding them. A capture like that, I start to wonder, what would a fuel misfire or a secondary misfire look like. Now I think it would be slightly different from vehicle to vehicle due to the type of coils and their shielding but I think we can still use the generic understanding of ignition waveforms. it just might be a bit more difficult to pull out the answer.

Thanks for telling me about "The Automotive Waveform Exchange" on FaceBook. I never knew it was there. I joined :) If you ever see "Justin Gray" that would be me.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by graywave.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds