A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Topdon phoenix max or Autel ultra

More
1 month 3 days ago #65137 by Sethchandler89
I am a one-man show, and I’m currently trying to decide whether to buy the Topdon Phoenix max or Autel ultra. I have done lots of research on the two scanners, and still cannot decide which one to get I do not have experience with Topdon , and this will be my one and only scanner till I can buy another one depending on how busy I am. I am just curious on feed back on the 2 scanners. I would love to hear from somebody that has used both of them and could give me a list of pros and cons for each or feedback from people that have used either one of them and what they like, and don’t like. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 hour ago #65182 by Tyler
Seth, I've owned the Ultra for a few years now. You can see the bullet points here:

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...two-years-later.html

Remote Expert has been added since that post, but I haven't had occasion to use it yet. Something to consider if you might be in need of remote programming.

I'll also say that the VCMI battery is starting to show its age after three years of use. Takes awhile to charge, doesn't hold the charge for long. I found a replacement battery on eBay for $150-ish. Adding the AP200 VCI is an option if you don't always use some of the more advanced VCMI features.

Not sure where TopDon stands with AutoAuth these days. The Ultra will work with AutoAuth, but *only* if you have an active software subscription AND an active AutoAuth account. That means if your update subscription lapses, you don't get AutoAuth access. That may or may not matter to you depending on how many newer Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram vehicles you see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds