Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

THANK YOU!

More
1 year 9 months ago #56706 by shawn.himel
THANK YOU! was created by shawn.himel
I would like to thank you for your teaching approach to the diagnostic process. I have over 30 years of automotive experience as an Auto Technician." Back In The Day", information was not always shared among each other for fear of not "getting" the jobs that I learned tricks to or that I was fast at. But in having that old way of thinking like so many do/did, a lot of young Techs became discouraged, moved on, and even left the field. I have always wanted to help the next Tech any way I could by loaning tools, showing and explaining the significance to the process, and just supporting other Techs wherever I have worked. I appreciate your approach and method and so should your students as well as Techs who watch your videos. You are a true BLESSING to the automotive field. The Technicians world is a better place today because of you, your site, and what you do by bringing Techs through the whole diagnostic process on some tricky and complex subjects to understand. KEEP ON GIVING BACK YOU WILL HAVE GREAT REWARDS! I have heard your story, and I too know that by doing this we make shops a whole different atmosphere than it was. . . BACK IN THE DAY !!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK and THANKS AGAIN!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 9 months ago #56719 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic THANK YOU!
I've always wondered about experienced techs who wouldn't share that experience with someone who genuinely wants to learn. I just don't get the mentality. Like it's some big secret.
I was fortunate enough in my early career to have someone take me under their wing and teach me even the simplest things.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 year 8 months ago #56964 by shawn.himel
Replied by shawn.himel on topic THANK YOU!
Glad to know others are willing to share as I am

More
1 year 8 months ago #57151 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic THANK YOU!
In the earlier part of my much varied career out in industry it always astounded me how some trades in particular did everything thing possible to hide methods and tricks of the trade.
Anyway good to have you here.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds