Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New Member from the UK

More
2 years 3 months ago #54218 by BrooklandsBob
Hello from the UK, I'm based in the county of suffolk. I come from a motor sports family that includes competitors in Motorcycle Speedway, IoM TT & GP Sidecar, Classic car racing, my partners son in law is involved as Team Manager of the Mercedes EQ Formula E team, Peviously a Multi Champion in the DTM, Reserve and Development Driver for Maclaren & Williams F1. For myself I've been a petrol head all my life raced MotorCycles and acted as a Mechanic for others. I worked as an engine builder professionaly for Classic Race cars, Ford Works Rally cars, F2 and F1. Computing became my career from the early 1980s onwards, I retired two years ago and turned my attention to maintaining and modifying two AMG Mercedes that I purchased to keep me busy. Both have various electronics issues which eventually led me to ScannerDanner and his Premium platform. As I get pestered by my friends to help with problems on their cars I thought I'd build my skills and perhaps down the road start charging for my services. After much research and head scratching ScannerDanner seems to be the best resource I could find and so far I'm learning at a good rate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #54230 by Andy.MacFadyen
Welcome Bob good to have you here. A lot of old racers here of all sorts here Myself I built and raced Special Saloon Imps and Modsport Davrians and a classic MG TF and an Elan in my salad days

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrooklandsBob

More
2 years 3 months ago #54344 by BrooklandsBob
Hi Andy, thanks for your welcome. I meant to get back to you last week, but I've been a bit preoccupied. Trying to get my head around all the information on the site. Child minding while my friend was in Mexico for the FE race, gardening before spring! the list goes on :-D Bit frazzled. Be interested in a chat some time about your racing adventures
regards Rob

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds