Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

More
2 years 3 months ago #53176 by River_NDN
New Member was created by River_NDN
Hello,

My name is Nick and I am from the Bad River Indian Reservation in Wisconsin, I am the Water Resources Tech. for the Natural Resources Dept. the reason that I became a member is that I really want to expand on the little knowledge that I have in the diagnostics of engines, I guess one could call me a parts changer/guesser. That is going to change! right now I am just trying to distinguish the difference between "bank 1" and "bank 2" I don't know which is which. don't know how to tell the difference or which side is 1 and which is 2? and when they say left bank right bank is that perspective from sitting in the divers' seat or looking at the car standing in the front of it? I am really looking forward to being a longtime member

Thanks for taking the time to teach me this valuable info
Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 3 months ago #53178 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic New Member
Welcome to the forum!
Bank one is the one that has the number one cylinder, it usually sticks out father then bank two. It's different from engine to engine, so if you aren't sure the best thing is to look it up.
Left and right however are always the same, from the perspective of the drivers seat. If it is a transverse mounted engine then left or right could be front or back, just picture yourself on top of the transmission.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 3 months ago #53182 by River_NDN
Replied by River_NDN on topic New Member
Thank you,

I now know the difference between banks 1 and 2 and I don't feel so lost anymore

Nick

More
2 years 2 months ago #53862 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic New Member
Welcome to the forum Nick :-)
Worth mentioning that on straight 6 engines as BMW Bank1 is cylinders 1 to 3 and Bank2 is 3 to 6

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds