Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New Member (previous parts changer)

More
2 years 5 months ago #52692 by lzjr88
Greetings to everyone! I’m an independent owner/operator of a small shop in Hubert, NC. I decided to open my shop after I retired out of the Marine Corps a few years ago and wanted to peruse my passion for automotive repair and customization. I’m using my knowledge from my life before the Marine Corps when I earned an associates’ degree in Automotive Service Technology and a bachelor’s degree in Automotive and Heavy Equipment Business Management. I worked at a Buick dealership for a few years then a Mitsubishi dealership for a few more. I made the decision to leave the automotive repair carrier behind and go from the Marine Corps reserve and go full time on active duty when 9/11 happened. During my Marine Corps carrier I had my garage filled with all my tools and equipment and I always had at least a few project vehicles sitting around. I prided myself with the thought that I was a pretty decent technician and “diagnose” vehicles instead of just throwing parts at them. However, I recently took on a vehicle that has me baffled and I turned to the dark side and started to throw parts at it until there were no more parts left to throw at it. I decided to take a step back and do some more research and came upon one of Scanner Danner’s YouTube videos. It was like he placed the video on You Tube just for me! I was immediately drawn in by his wealth of knowledge and love for instruction. I’m pleased to have found Scanner Danner and look forward to more knowledge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 5 months ago #52696 by Noah
Welcome to the community, thanks for joining, and thank you for your service!
Looks like you ended up at the right place

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 5 months ago #52697 by lzjr88
Thanks! By the way, great name! I named my oldest son Noah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
2 years 4 months ago #52817 by Andy.MacFadyen
Welcome ! --- you will fit right in here :-)

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds