Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Just Joined

More
3 years 1 week ago #48176 by BackbayFred
Just Joined was created by BackbayFred
Hello y'all. My name is Fred. Born in Potter County, PA (God's Country). Joined Navy out of High School and stayed long enough to retire. Ended up in Virginia Beach, VA. Still working full time in a records center warehouse. Moved far enough out so I am zoned agricultural. My son, granddaughter and I constructed a 30 x 36 metal building so we could work on vehicles. We had a lift installed. Have some old Ford F150, 250, Focus, Subaru, Jeeps (Cherokee, J10, CJ8) 2 newer Nissans. I want to learn how do diagnose problems when the "money light" comes on so that is why I ended up here. I have been watching Scanner Danner videos on YouTube for free so I decided that I should pony up and join.
""

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #48179 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Just Joined
If you want to learn to diagnose, you're in the right place. Start with Chapter 1, and let the journey begin. B) Welcome to the Forum!

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Chad.

More
3 years 1 week ago #48187 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Just Joined
Welcome :-) You are in the rght place as Chad posted working your way through the book accompanying videos is the way to go. Older vehicles are probably easier to deal with although OBD1 can be a pita. Getting to know basic systems and how to make best use of a multimeter and live data from a scantool goes a longway.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: BackbayFred

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds