Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

new member from BC, Canada

More
2 years 11 months ago #47909 by edbi
Hi ScannerDanner community and Paul,

Paul, thanks so much for helping so many of us to learn about these topics! I stumbled across your videos on Youtube as I was researching in order to try to figure out what ails my 2004 Golf. I ended up watching many of your videos and buying the e-book and I'll likely sign up for SD premium in the next day or so. I also recently bought a UScope and Ross-Tech's VCDS VW scan software for my laptop and have been having fun learning about those tools.

I used to be a teacher so I can really appreciate your in depth knowledge, passion for the subject and amazing skill at teaching/sharing your knowledge in such an understandable and infectious way.

I always used to take our 2004 Golf to a mechanic when it needed servicing (I do my own work on our other older vehicles) but we moved to a new community and I don't have a trusted mechanic any more and the local mechanic said the Golf needed a coil pack so I put one in but it didn't help at all so I vowed to fix it myself and not to replace any parts unless I can prove they are faulty.

Paul, as others have said... You rock!

Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 11 months ago #47923 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic new member from BC, Canada
Welcome to the community Ed.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 11 months ago #48099 by Andy.MacFadyen
Welcome Ed :-) !
We will be please to help you with your problem, your VW issue. The VW is fairly well provided for diagnostic tools so even fairly basic tools will give you the clues to tracking down your issue

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds