Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

1998 Sierra 5.7l starting issues and high acceleration issues

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #47564 by SLYstress
hey there Steve from Americas Mountain (Pikes Peak) C.S. Co. love golf hicking and 4 wheeling and love the videos i have seen very educational. back yard mechanic and thanks to videos on this site i can do it with a little more confidence. my Sierra is having cold start issues which i thought a new battery and clean terminals would help beings that it did change my fuel pressure from 55lbs to 61lbs but still i either have to give it a bump of starting fluid and or jumping it with a battery charger does the trick. once it is started, ran and turned off it will start again within 30 to 60 minutes after. it has also started up after sitting for some time if it is in the sun or nicer weather. after it has started it seems to run great except when I kick it down into passing gear it seems to govern out and wont come out of passing gear unless i let off the gas. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. code PO430A & PO161B
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by SLYstress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds