Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from North Texas

More
3 years 1 month ago #47322 by Wolfman
Hello, I’m almost 40 years old, and have been working on and learning about cars basically my entire life. My father was an Oldsmobile dealer mechanic, and some of the first books I started reading were his automotive theory books. We have always worked together, although I have never worked in a shop before. I like to think of myself as a semi-professional mechanic for that reason, because I’ve worked on enough cars over the years, and learned how to properly diagnose problems. I like to call myself a mechanic instead of a technician, just because I’m nostalgic and like old school stuff and techniques too, even though I try to keep up to date on modern stuff. I love old cars, and have had a number of them over the years, currently a ‘74 Challenger and a ‘52 Dodge pickup. But I also like the challenge of fixing modern cars, which are what I usually work on.

I joined here because I believe that NOBODY, regardless of decades of experience or how many cars they’ve fixed, knows everything, or can figure every problem out themselves. I hope that I can help others here figure out their difficult problems, and that they might be able to do the same for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47326 by Andy.MacFadyen
Welcome o the SD Forum :-)

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds