Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New to Car Diagnostics

More
3 years 1 month ago #46795 by hayk90
Hey guys,

I've known about Danner's YouTube channel and what he does for at least 10 years now and was very intrigued by his diagnostic mindset of not just being a parts changer. I'm a DIYer with a passion for car repair but currently work as a technician for a personal electronics company and studying computer science. I love learning new skills and finding better ways to troubleshoot car repair.

I'm joining this forum because I am currently trying to troubleshoot poor gas mileage for a friend's 05 Honda Accord V6 and I'm also looking to fix one of my own cars, a 98 Lexus ES300, that has an intermittent lean condition.

I have experience with Toyota, Honda, BMW, Lexus, and Mitsubishi and would like to turn this troubleshooting knowledge into a career.

My goal is to get a better understanding of reading live data and learn how to test for lean conditions.

I have access to the following tools:

1. BlueDriver OBD2 scanner
2. Toyota Techstream software
3. A multimeter
4. A fuel pressure gauge
5. An infrared thermometer gun

I was thinking of getting a smoke machine, a vacuum tester, and a back probing toolset.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 1 month ago #46856 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic New to Car Diagnostics
Welcome to the community :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds