Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Just saying hello and hoping you are all doing well!

More
3 years 2 months ago #46280 by Kenworthconvert
this community seems interesting and helpful!
Old guy here, mostly retired, had a nice run in Trucking (Owner Operator), had my own HD shop for my trucks and other fleets at times.

Having said that, I still maintain about 30 cars for myself and wife of 40 years, 4 kids and twenty or so neighbors ...

Hoping to learn from the obvious high quality brain trust here!!
Specifically, I'm very much out of my comfort zone on many of these newer vehicles and am wondering which bi-directional scan tool to purchase??

I had a first gen snap on brick (which I loaned to someone I've lost contact with) and now just have my relatively old Innova, which is barely bi-directional and needs a 189.00 software upgrade ... which wont make it more bi-directional.

I miss the days of having full access to Paccar, Freightliner, Cummins and Detroit docked laptop scan applications...

Nevertheless, I would very much appreciate input from the community about the Autel Elite System ... it's very affordable, (just under 3K and cheap updates included for three years (less than 500.00/year), what's not to love???

For the potential haters, ... I'm not taking your business, just helping some family and neighbors ... who've been turned off by shops who can't diagnose things correctly the first time ......

Also, have 2 USA made (Norco) 110 ton presses and lots of 1.25, 1.00 and .75" drive tools which I don't really need anymore but the wife would like me to sell ... so between us chickens, while I promised to advertise, for example, a full set of snap on 1" drive tools is completely available at 98,000.00 anytime :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #46282 by Kenworthconvert
Addendum:
To be clear: I really don't want to sell any of my tools, because I might need them some day ... My wife isn't dumb at all, when she asks why I still need a Detroit cam holding jig ... and I can't answer any more satisfactorily than what I said above ... So please don't make offers and don't rat me out:) :lol:

But please do convey your views on Autel Elite.

Thank you very much

More
3 years 2 months ago #46319 by Andy.MacFadyen
Hi ! :-) I will start by giving you my standard openning line that anything with an Autel, Launch or Snap-On logo is worth serious consideration . If you look on YouTube all of the more reliable YouTubers although they use a variety of scantools but the Autel gets reached more and more often.

No scanntool is perfect they all either have blind spots on some manufacturers and models or handle some functions better than others.
I mainly use a Launch Diagun -- it isn't perfect but the Launch X431 software covers all the models I need in enough detail but I tend to use Autel dongle and an Android app if I am looking at ABS

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Kenworthconvert

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds