Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from SW Florida

More
3 years 3 months ago #46107 by roadserpent
Howdy, My name is Jim. Old retired/disabled mechanic of 40+ years. I have a complete auto repair shop where I just work on friends and neighbors vehicles now. I enjoy learning and trying to keep up with all the new electronic diagnostics end of cars and light trucks. For 6 years I was the manager of an automotive machine shop, it was an interesting job, grinding cranks, reconditioning conrods, boring & honing, resurfacing was all fun but I knew all the while that my knowledge of computer control systems in cars was falling behind. And the need to service/recondition internal engine parts was falling off with the advent of unleaded fuel and computer controlled fuel injection. So I made the decision to go back to turning wrenches. Have been watching scannerdanner for about five years now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 3 months ago #46149 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hello from SW Florida
Thanks for joining Jim, welcome to the community

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
3 years 3 months ago #46213 by Andy.MacFadyen
Hi Jim welcome really good to hear from a new member with the old school skills, most younger guys today will never have to fit new piston and prep the cylinder bores

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds