Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

This old guy is giving his skills a tune-up

More
3 years 5 months ago #44223 by drewhazelrigg
Hello Danner and all, my name is Drew. Born into this business son of a car dealer. First formerly trained in high school went on to Wyoming tech in the 80's. Need to polish my skills now. Recent research by me showed the business needs A level techs, even though most shops and dealers are not rewarding the value of the skillset. The business is changing as fast as it is running out of skilled techs. I am an ASE certified master auto technician with L1 and L3 certification. I have been aware of Danners videos on you tube since 2017. Let me tell you, he is da bomb. Clearly spoken methodologies and thoughtful strategies to find the root cause of the problem Danner's videos will be the standard for training tomorrow's techs. I recommended him to a stubborn coworker who also instantly saw his value and told me no one ever told him how to interpret diagrams and test so clearly and concisely. I will recommend Danner's videos and teaching to all who will listen. Thank you Danner for all you do. Yes, I also just ordered the book.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #44232 by Andy.MacFadyen
Hi Drew WELCOME ! :-) your back ground isn't that different from how I started although I was away from the auto trade working in other technical roles for a couple of decades and with the start of Covid lockdown finally completely retired. The rate of change in car electronics has been crazy keeping up is dammed near impossible so it is a of case we must really strengthen our basic core skills and methology and aquire the extra knoeledge as required. Paul's metholgy is 101% on the ball and he puts a human face on it which makes the videos great for getting the message over and showing the light those in our trade that are ressistant to change,

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 5 months ago #44233 by Noah
Welcome Drew!
Scanner Danner was instrumental for me as far as building my skills and becoming a marketable tech. So far nobody I have introduced to the material has been willing to stick with it until it clicks.
That's one reason this forum is such a valuable resource.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds