Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from Nebraska, the good life

More
7 years 3 months ago #5631 by Olmer
Hey guys my name is Jared Olmer, the basics about me are Ive been married 6 years to a wonderful wife with the first baby on the way. For the last 5 years or so Ive been self employed hauling scrap iron off of farms and going to auctions and buying scrap and salvage and turning a little money here and there, then Iron market went belly up and with a lot of prayer and wrestling with God he showed me cars, so now Im into buying and selling cars and naturally the Lord brought me to Scanner Danner. So praise God, Ive been spending most of my mornings up till about 1 in the afternoon on the premuim channel and then the rest of my time in the garage. Im learning slowly but I would say steady, Im thankful for what Paul does and I hope to contribute to you guys as well, Looking forward to learning from all you guys and helping in any way I can.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Im blessed to serve a mighty God who forgives me with nothing but the grace He has given me by His son Jesus Christ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5633 by Dylan
Congratulations Jared with your first baby on the way and welcome to the community!

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 3 months ago #5643 by Noah
Welcome to the forum Jared!
Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family.
I work at a junkyard and remember when the scrap market tanked. A lot of junkyards went out of business, only because they forgot that junkyards sell car parts, not scrap.
When steel prices shot up, everyone went into crushing mode, making tons of money on steel, aluminum and copper. Somehow everyone forgot to sell car parts, and when the market dropped, everyone who was spoiled by (and now dependent on) high market prices found themselves with nothing to sell...
Sorry for derailing your post! Welcome aboard!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 3 months ago #5798 by Olmer
no man your not derailing the post, yea it was hard at first and I went on a few different adventures on trying to make scrap work and came up with a lot of good stuff but at the end of the day the numbers were just not going to work unless I got the scrap free and it was close, its gone up some now so theres some room to make some money again, I was fortunate to build the buisness the traditional way so I didnt get caught with a bunch of debt. It was a tough two years after that and just paying bills as I went but now Im in the car buisness it has given me some hope cause I can combing the scrap, cars and a few other things together and I think I got something good going with them all and time will tell, I wanted to just give up and go get a job in town but the Lord wouldnt let me and told me to go after the cars and its working a little bit but def got a lot to learn,

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Im blessed to serve a mighty God who forgives me with nothing but the grace He has given me by His son Jesus Christ

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 3 months ago #5844 by Noah
Well, best of luck in all your endeavours. Plenty of knowledgeable, people here to learn from, that's for sure.
Good to have you here.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds