Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

More
3 years 11 months ago #39425 by Not2Available
New Member was created by Not2Available
After fumbling around for a few days on this site, and after writing to the wrong email address on SD, I should write questions here, where there are allegedly individuals who know the answers to my concerns.
It states in this new member Introduction page that they "Encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests."
Ok, you asked for it, now you will get it. I'll contain forty years into as little as I can. I am omitting the gruesome details.
I started going to automotive classes in 1978 in Southern California, where I lived for over thirty-five years. That was until early 2000 when a speeding uninsured motorist struck me while I walked alongside the road, which had no sidewalks. That is what the CHP and Sherrif reported. When I came out of a three-month coma at UCLA Medical Center, I wasn't conscious. The definition of consciousness is to be aware of self that I wasn't for close to another year.
After becoming conscious and aware of myself, I was no longer at UCLA. However, I knew little else like my name, how I arrived at where I was when becoming aware of myself. I then found out that I was brain damaged as well as removing parts of it to survive and having no broken bones or other scrapes, just brain injury.
Fast forward two years, my brother asked me to look at a car he had in his shop to determine what was the cause of a stalling problem. I opened the hood, and all I saw were dark greasy shapes. I had no idea what I was seeing. What used to be looking at it, mostly knowing how the overall design operated, and where to proceed. That lasted for nearly ten years. Then, suddenly, it all started to come back to me like the rush of floodwater cascading downhill. In 2013 while in Southern California visiting, I met with a friend I went to mostly all the schooling available together for over ten years. He set me on the right track. He recommended watching the free videos on Scanner Danner. I did that until a week ago when I KNEW I needed to take the real classes taught by Mr. Danner on SD Premium.
I refuse not to know what I once knew and learn more at the same time.
Just like the Neurosergons at UCLA told me, I would never drive a car again. I had my driver's license back by 2003.
However, I am disabled and deal very well with it. If you met me in person, you would never know there was anything wrong with me.
I am on costly medications daily as a result.
That should about do it for now.
Don't ask any questions about the above. I have little time for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #39433 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic New Member
Waw that's quite a story. Thanks for sharing this with us. Welcome to the ScannerDanner community! ;)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 11 months ago #39577 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic New Member
Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us.
I'm sure that with your drive and ambition you'll master the curriculum.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds