Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello everyone.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38450 by Jtkc
Hello everyone. was created by Jtkc
Greetings,

I dont know what to say, not great at the whole talking thing, it always gets jumbled up and stuff, so ill just list things about me as reference plus i get long winded

so Im 42 live on my own. Dad got the car itch in me since i can remember, i was able to describe the Year, make model, and sometimes trim level of 40's 50's 60's 70's cars just by seeing the front end of the car across an intersection around the age of 3-4 years old.

Been messing with mechanical, electrical, structual things since about the same time, If it ran on dc ac or combustion i loved it, took it apart, put it back together, and then aLOT of the time id get bored with what i had and so id combine several build instructions(sometimes up to like 6 different ones) and then combine certain aspects of them and build my own things.

was soldering radio kits and using an apple //e to run commands to lego sets before i was 6, then got into rc cars around 8th grade, built my first one, ive been told and also learned that ive got a race car drivers mindset.

from age 16- 26 i logged close or a bit over 1.5million miles, if you totaled up the odometers on my vehicles, and ive had a variety of them lifteed truck, to s10' v8 fbody camaro, then a v6 89 firebird, then i decided to combine them to make a firemaro or cambird, 2nd owner of a #'s matching all original to t3 headlights 68 chevelle malibu, 89 supercharged xr7 (inherited) 69 cougar, IH 92 f250 7.3l Long box xcab sdhd manual 4x4, lifted 97 1500 sngle cab short box z71, hypertech programmer, 93 lumina, 93 Sentra Se-R, and then My hondas
1988 crx si - i had owned it 6 years and had restored it, interior, engine, and had jsut bodywork left,
1991 civic dx hatch
`1990 Acura integra Ls gsr clone _ bought it as a project had major high cr pistons installed and 5k receipted machine work done to it and was my introduction into delving into learning about modifying or building engines, etc and subsequently all the other sub systems you upgrade once you install internal mods
1990 Integra RS with swap already installed
and another 1990 LS (currently on jack stands awaiting more parts and then to install them all etc (shes gonna be fun when done)
and now
my 2002 Inifniti G20 base leather trim options, which im deeming "gilligans island" cuz nothing on this thing is ever simply just a 3 hour tour, ugh

ive had to learn how to troubleshoot, diagnose, and then also improvise legit repairs, and then why and how to properly upgrade or modify the different sub systems of the car, to result in a well balanced driving machine, etc. I have made a habit of sourcing the Factory service repair manuals for all the vehicles ive come to own.
soon than id like im going to delve into Ecu tuning, still reading up on ecu heirarchy and engine theory etc, ecu board layouts, etc. fortunately its OBD1 and honda not this OBD2 fancy nissan,

thought about enrolling in the ASE classes, or i keep getting nudged that i should, from others. Due to a whim that i entertained and took the ASE general practice exam, and a couple other sections and scored an average of 70% on the general, and the couple others, without ever pro turning a wrench or studying for it jsut took it blindly..

keep in mind im not boasting, it may seem great that i am smart or something, mostly its been a hinderance, but i love cars, and i love the drive,
if anything its a hinderance.

but im here to learn, share and hope to make some new frends maybe idk thanks

idk ive lost the reason i started typing,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #38478 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Hello everyone.
Welcome :-)

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #38480 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Hello everyone.
Welcome to the community! Thanks for introducing yourself ;)

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds