Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

My introduction

More
4 years 1 month ago #38113 by wdemr
My introduction was created by wdemr
Hello to anyone reading this. My name is Bill Demrest and I just recently joined SD to enhance my diagnostic skills. I have been an ASE certified Technician for over 20 years. The last few years I have worked for Connected Automotive Systems of New England where I was responsible for the setup and support of OEM and Aftermarket automotive diagnostic systems. This position had given me a unique opportunity to be exposed to and work with a number of OEM and Aftermarket diagnostic systems. As I was also responsible for remotely supporting these systems and their use I was able to gain a wide range of experience that has now allowed me to move on in my career as a Lead Tech with a Major Chain on the East Coast. Even with all my experience I know there is no success without constantly improving myself and my skills. This is what has brought me here. I am completely unskilled with using a scope and am looking forward on expanding my understanding of it's use and applying it on real world issues. I have started right back at the beginning and am working my way through and I am amazed at the amount of knowledge I have gained. We all learn many ways to accomplish a repair. Even though the one we are using may work, it may not be the best approach and is costing you time. Time is money in this business. Any knowledge you can learn will improve your skill set which makes you more valuable to yourself, your employer and the customer. This is why I am here, to improve. I look forward to working with everyone.
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38120 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic My introduction

wdemr wrote: Hello to anyone reading this. My name is Bill Demrest and I just recently joined SD to enhance my diagnostic skills. I have been an ASE certified Technician for over 20 years. The last few years I have worked for Connected Automotive Systems of New England where I was responsible for the setup and support of OEM and Aftermarket automotive diagnostic systems. This position had given me a unique opportunity to be exposed to and work with a number of OEM and Aftermarket diagnostic systems. As I was also responsible for remotely supporting these systems and their use I was able to gain a wide range of experience that has now allowed me to move on in my career as a Lead Tech with a Major Chain on the East Coast. Even with all my experience I know there is no success without constantly improving myself and my skills. This is what has brought me here. I am completely unskilled with using a scope and am looking forward on expanding my understanding of it's use and applying it on real world issues. I have started right back at the beginning and am working my way through and I am amazed at the amount of knowledge I have gained. We all learn many ways to accomplish a repair. Even though the one we are using may work, it may not be the best approach and is costing you time. Time is money in this business. Any knowledge you can learn will improve your skill set which makes you more valuable to yourself, your employer and the customer. This is why I am here, to improve. I look forward to working with everyone.
Bill

Welcome Bill ! :-) I agree with everything you say it is fairy obvious before coming to Scannerdanner you already had a really good grip on how to use clear logical thinking to pin down faults.
To me now working without a scope ia bit like working without an inspection light it makes it possible to see things you could not otherwise see.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 1 month ago #38167 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic My introduction
Welcome to the community Bill!

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 1 month ago #38176 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic My introduction
Welcome to the forum, I think you'll find what you're looking for here.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
4 years 1 month ago #38219 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Re:My introduction
Welcome!

Nissan Technician

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds