Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Stupid Mustang!

More
4 years 4 months ago #35871 by CJ79
Stupid Mustang! was created by CJ79
Hello. This all started about six months ago when my wife decided she wanted a 1995 Mustang GT that she had found on craigslist. I drove the car and I knew it needed a clutch because the transmission wouldn’t disengage very well once it got hot but that’s no big deal, I have done more than one clutch. Car is straight, 140K miles, seems to run good and I don’t mind working on things, so what could go wrong? $1800 and I drove it home.
Well, the clutch turned into a transmission rebuild in my garage because the last guy who did it only put 14 of the 15 needle bearings back on the output shaft. But hell, probably the main reason I bought this car was to further my automotive education anyway. More fun than working on your daily driver so you can get to work.
That’s when I started buying FSM’s. I didn’t realize Ford had so many for one car :) And they do not give them away do they? Also, didn’t take me long to realize I needed some kind of scanner for that OBD 1 computer. Picked up an Actron Elite Auto scanner, I have been trying to track down as a barely perceptible miss at idle.
So with live data, which I had been looking at on my old code reader for years but never took the time to learn anything about, I started educating myself. It was about a month ago when Paul taught me how to read fuel trims. At least the basics anyway, I’m learning more every day. Picked up at 60 pin breakout box, the computer is in a horrible spot on this thing, back probing is almost impossible.
Anyway, I’m still chasing a problem but that’s probably a story for a different place in here. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the help that I received for free on YouTube, I probably would’ve joined this premium deal anyway, even if I wasn’t still chasing gremlins because you are a great teacher.

Thanks
Curt
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35872 by CJ79
Replied by CJ79 on topic Stupid Mustang!
I forgot to add, the book is great!

More
4 years 4 months ago #35876 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic Stupid Mustang!
Welcome to the forum :-)

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 4 months ago #35897 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Stupid Mustang!
Hey Curt, welcome to the forum.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
4 years 4 months ago #35940 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Stupid Mustang!
Welcome Curt! ;)

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds