Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Howdy from Tn

More
7 years 3 months ago #4728 by bruce.oliver
Howdy from Tn was created by bruce.oliver
Howdy. Names Bruce. Been turning wrenches almost 17 years but specialized in suspension and alignments mostly. Not much diag work and none really in the last 8 years until I started my new job a few months ago. I do more diag in a week here than i did in the 8 years I was at my last job. Been watching danner and others online and have learned a lot. Wish I had done this a long time ago. Looking to get my own scantool and scope this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #4737 by Jackolope56
Replied by Jackolope56 on topic Howdy from Tn
Hey there and welcome.I agree, in that same boat. What I have realized, so late in my career, is all that time doing everything but electrical has been catching up to me.The upside is though the body is beaten down painful and worn , electrical diagnostics alone might just be the ticket to happiness and prosperity in the trade.
What I did was purchase a refurbished Vantage Pro. Then later on got the Solus Edge. Two very good tools IMHO.

We cannot change the past or predict the future

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 3 months ago #4740 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Howdy from Tn
Hey Bruce, welcome to the community.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 3 months ago #4741 by bruce.oliver
Replied by bruce.oliver on topic Howdy from Tn

Jackolope56 wrote: Hey there and welcome.I agree, in that same boat. What I have realized, so late in my career, is all that time doing everything but electrical has been catching up to me.The upside is though the body is beaten down painful and worn , electrical diagnostics alone might just be the ticket to happiness and prosperity in the trade.
What I did was purchase a refurbished Vantage Pro. Then later on got the Solus Edge. Two very good tools IMHO.

That's kind of my idea. I learned from my dad and he hardly ever did any diag or electrical. Now at 37 I've realized that was a mistake and seeing how hard this job is on my dad I don't want to be doing heavy work when I'm his age if I even do this job at all. But if I'm going to get a job just doing diag later Ive got a lot to learn and probly should do more learning than just online videos.

We only have a Verus edge at work and with 3 techs using 1 scantool it can be aggravating. Ideally I'd like to pick up a used modis od verus later this year.

And thanks for the welcome

More
7 years 3 months ago #4837 by Hash Cash
Replied by Hash Cash on topic Howdy from Tn
Bruce, welcome to the forum. If you are interested in a scope, there is really only one option. Just like Scannerdanner uses, a PICOSCOPE! It is well worth the money, and a good place to get one from is Autonerdz.com.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #4906 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Howdy from Tn
Welcome to our community Bruce!
If you're looking for a scope I suggest you read Andy's post. I'll put a link here.
Pico is awesome, but there are other possibilities.... ;)

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...ope-on-a-budget.html
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Dylan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
7 years 3 months ago #5123 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Howdy from Tn
Welcome to the community bruce

Don't be a parts changer!

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds