Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello to all from the UK

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #35351 by Basil
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, and live in the UK. I am a race car engineer that also does work on road cars when time permits. I am familiar with mappable ecu's and work on race cars from historic F1 to Formula Ford. Whilst some ecu's are complex generally the cars are pretty simple electronically compared to modern gadget laden road cars, so i am trying to bring myself up to speed on diagnostic techniques. I have Bosch KTS which I find a bit clunky, but I am where I am! My regards and thanks to Scanner Danner and his brother, I bought the e-book ages ago and watch all the videos which have been a great help, but more diesels please :) Best regards to all, I have already asked a few questions, and no doubt I'll have more to ask soon.

My other interests are breeding livestock protection dogs and amateur radio, my call sign a rather appropriate 2E0ILY. I run a few race cars myself, Heinz-Harald Frentzen's 1991 Lola F3000 from just before he went in to F1, which is a frightening beast, a couple of Sports Prototypes and a radically modded Skyline for track days. Race ECU wise I am a die hard MOTEC fan, although BOSCH stuff and LIFE are awesome, (and awesomely expensive...).
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Basil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35355 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Hello to all from the UK
Welcome aboard! Very interesting background. Thanks for joining ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Basil

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 4 months ago #35386 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hello to all from the UK
Welcome to the forum, good to have you among us :)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds