Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New here

More
4 years 8 months ago #33001 by Shrive36
New here was created by Shrive36
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I have been in the trucking industry for 40 years. The first 25 I worked in the garage and at one time or another worked every job available. Started as a fueler and worked my way up from technichian,leadman,supervisor and service manager. All of this was for a major truck leasing company. After 10 years with them I was in business for myself for close to 15 years. Most of my work was on trailers an Preventive maintenance on trucks. I never really got into the electronic engines.

After I sold the business I drove truck for ten years. Never really kept up with technology during this time.

About 3 years ago I decided to transfer into the shop at the company I work for. Was that ever an eye opener! So much has changed in the automotive electrical world.It was frustrating trouble shooting problems and I found little help. Actually I was surprised how many technicians don’t understand electrical systems.

A couple years ago I decided to retrain myself. I took a 60 lesson course on basic automotive electric I found online. A few months ago I found this site.

Thanks for all the information you provide here. It’s a good feeling understanding how all this works. It’s also a great feeling when your fellow technicians think you’re damn genius at electronics!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: simclardy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #33005 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic New here
Good to have you here :-)
You are not the only one playing catch up, the change in technology has happened, is happening and will happen, and to quote the song we ain't seen nothing yet. I am still trying to work out my the electric windows on my car need a deddicatd computer module.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 8 months ago #33016 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic New here
Welcome aboard! Thanks for introducing yourself. Pretty interesting story.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds