Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New from Central PA

More
7 years 4 months ago #4265 by rockp2
New from Central PA was created by rockp2
Hello to all, as stated in th topic I am from central PA north of Harrisburg. My certification is high level school of hard knocks. I'm half a century old and retired from the US Army. I've been a shade tree mechanic since I was 14 years old and my Dad came home to find I had taken the carb off my Mom's Dodge van and had it laying in pieces on the garage floor because the van would diesel when she shut the it off. Had no idea what I was doing, but that started my passion for cars. Over the last 36 years I've become pretty comfortable working on engines, but I'm no expert. Highest level I've done is put a long block into my '98 Blazer. I do have a four car garage that could probably function as respectable shop with all of the tools I've aquired over the years (I'm a bit of a tool junkie). Last year I even bought a portable two post lift (it only raises vehicles 45", but I only have 8' ceilings).

The one weakness I've always had is auto electric, and especially the computer systems. I stumbled upon Paul about 6 months ago when i was trying to diagnose a low power issue. Since then I've been a premium subscription member and bought both the hard book and e-book. Currently taking the "classes" on you tube, but my eyes have been opened so much...well, it's just plain exciting. Starting to do some real diagnosis and striving to the goal of not being a "parts changer". Based off some of the early videos I saw I went online and bought a Vantage Pro scope and love it. I also have a PC version scan tool (AutoEnginuity).

I would be remiss if I did not thank Paul for all of the knowledge you are sharing. I don't if you realize how much your videos help so many people. I have no one better, and I have looked. Thank you Paul, you are a great guy and I look forward to all I will not only continue to learn from you, but also from all of the other experts on this forum.

Hope I'm not being pretentious, but I wanted to offer something I found today. I was in Walmart looking for some T-pins. Though I do have some backprobing kits from AES Wave, felt I should have some T-pins also. But, I was concerned with my lack of hands-on experience of shorting the pins together or on vehicle metal accidently. While in Walmart I spotted a package of "Corsage Pins". There just as long as T-pins, but have a plastic ball on the top instead of the "T". I'm going to try and load a pic to this post. I think they will lower my risk of shorting them together. Just wanted to offer for the good of the order.

Look forward to learning from everyone!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 4 months ago #4270 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic New from Central PA
Hey there, welcome to the forum!
Jealous of your car lift, I don't even have a garage, but have thought about installing one in the driveway lol!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 4 months ago #4296 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic New from Central PA
Welcome sir! Great to have you here ;)

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds