Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Checking in from Fredericksburg, VA

More
7 years 5 months ago #4012 by Fburg_A4
I was a mechanic at a Cadillac dealership for 5 years, but I have moved on from car repair as my occupation. The best decision I ever made was to hang on to my tool box and keep all my tools, because I still like to work on my cars and help out friends/family when I can. Amazing how everyone knows your name when you can fix a car!
I am a fan of watching the ScannerDanner videos and am a big adherent to the "don't be a parts changer" philosophy. At our dealership, it was "fix it right the first time" that was beaten into us from day 1. I never did use a scope when I was a mechanic (we used a Tech II, that is it), but I have purchased a Picoscope after watching all these videos because I learned it is an invaluable diagnostic tool. Since I purchased it, I have just been going through my car and taking wave forms of different systems to build up a bank of known goods.
I look forward to reading the other threads to gain more knowledge in the auto diagnostics field. I am particularly interested in reading some of those head-scratching repairs that may have taken a day or two to troubleshoot, but it is so rewarding when you finally figure it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #4027 by Dylan
Hello sir and welcome!
I've been working for dealerships for about 16 years now. And I get really disappointed when I see this parts change mentality. There are still many dealerships where technicians don't use a scope or even know what it's for. Part of that is because the manufacturer doesn't provide proper training. Sad......

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 5 months ago #4034 by Noah
Welcome to the forum!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds